Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

16 hours ago, Pablo said:

Let’s all laugh at Manure.

It's not much of a laughing matter for us I'd say. We paid £5m a little under 2 years ago to release him from his gardening leave, and currently paying his compensation while he does nothing for us.  Man Utd haven't lost anything, and have managed to set us back in the process.

But yeah, lets laugh at Man Utd :lol:

8 hours ago, toontownman said:

Isn't it that they wont pay the 21m?

I think they can have him now of they pay up. They just won't pay up.

No, the 21m is to get him after the summer transfer window. If they want him before that, it’s more than double.

The club are playing total hardball with them which is great. Fuck em

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

No, the 21m is to get him after the summer transfer window. If they want him before that, it’s more than double.

You know this how? Or is it guesswork?

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don't get it.  No one in their right mind would pay more than 42 million for him.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You know this how? Or is it guesswork?

I know someone at the club, can’t say much more than that I’m afraid.

They don’t expect Man Utd to pay 42m, but that’s the point. They want him after the summer window.. it’s 21m.. if not.. enjoy your garden Dan. It’s fairly straight forward.

I wonder if there is any way to take legal action against Man U or Dan for the disruption to our club, the guy is under contract and was clearly tapped up, he is locked in to his contract and knows he can't leave unless a fee is agreed to release him, I have no idea how this would work but if we are still left paying him next season as they haven't agreed a release fee then it would be a joke.

Maybe for someone with a bit if corporate law knowledge?.

I still don't see how it can be assured that Ashworth isn't working, albeit indirectly, for Man Utd already. I know he's contracted to us currently, but how do they stop him working on the sly via an intermediary? I don't trust him and I don't trust Man Utd (or the FA for that matter, they'd probably facilitate it if they could!).

46 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I still don't see how it can be assured that Ashworth isn't working, albeit indirectly, for Man Utd already. I know he's contracted to us currently, but how do they stop him working on the sly via an intermediary? I don't trust him and I don't trust Man Utd (or the FA for that matter, they'd probably facilitate it if they could!).

That's why we have the Saudi Secret Service 

1 hour ago, MagMal said:

I wonder if there is any way to take legal action against Man U or Dan for the disruption to our club, the guy is under contract and was clearly tapped up, he is locked in to his contract and knows he can't leave unless a fee is agreed to release him, I have no idea how this would work but if we are still left paying him next season as they haven't agreed a release fee then it would be a joke.

Maybe for someone with a bit if corporate law knowledge?.

Would be very surprised. Executives get poached by headhunters for different companies every day. At best we get a hefty compensation. At worst we pay him for a year to do nothing, and that doesn't help us or Man U

On 30/03/2024 at 09:33, Armchair Pundit said:

I'd imagine there's only so much that they can do without having him in the building, discussing plans in detail with everyone.

I'm sure there'll be some communication going on but it's not like everyone else at the club will be sitting around just twiddling their thumbs hoping Ashworth spells out the names of transfer targets in his tulips.

On 30/03/2024 at 09:33, Armchair Pundit said:

If there’s any suspicion he’s working on the sly for Man Utd then NUFC inform our lawyers and Ashworth gets investigated for breach of contract 

And it’s nowt to do with the FA, it’s employment law 

Employment contracts and restrictions exist for a reason, the employee can’t just ignore them and expect to get away with it 

Edited by bobbydazzla

If they need to pay £42m to release him now, and he's found to be secretly working for them now, then I'd suggest they need to pay us £42m. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think its fairly obvious he's working for Man Utd, just like it was obvious he was working for us 

Of course he’s already working for them, and like you said, it was obvious he was working for us too. There’s no conspiracy in it. 

12 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

No idea if he’s any good but yes please.

Think he is actually. Pretty sure Milan fans thought highly of him as d.o.f. He was behind the signing of Theo Hernandez who is arguably the best lb in the world. Thought he really stood out against us in that first champions league game.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

What happened in the end with him and Milan?

I think the gist from Milanista was Maldini was trying to keep the integrity of the club and grow it as a European force, while the owners just wanted to play moneyball and profiteer. But he seemed to soften on them further down the line.

On 30/03/2024 at 10:33, Armchair Pundit said:

If his job is so easy that you can do it from home, on the sly, through an intermediary, it wouldn't be a job companies would pay millions to release the best people from their ongoing contracts to do.

Big risk for Ashworth to take too, for no gain. He'd be stupid to do it even if he could.

When matches went badly, Maldini went down to the changing rooms of the San Siro and the windows of the crowded room shook even if he didn't speak. 

Not sure how I feel about that part but as a guy in his mid-30s the thought of Paolo Maldini having anything to do with my club in an official capacity is pretty exciting.