Arsenal vs. Newcastle United: 24/2/24 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

(3241)
Abra Dubravka 

Cher

Batman

BDB

Trippy

Smiley

Miguelito 

Longy

Bee Geezy

Barnsey

Flash

Lascelles

Ritchie Rich

Ice Cold

Krafu

Karius

Hall 

Tino

Meme Lord

Wilkokinho

1-1. Flash Gordon.

Bee Geezy! :icon_scratch:

19 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Eddie starts with a back 5 surely? Now's the time surely?

I can't see Burn being dropped. We're not the biggest team if he's not in there, Joelinton's not in there etc. Arsenal are best in the league from set plays. But he surely can't have him at LB in a back 4.

Every man and his dog knows we should play a back five or if it’s four put Tino in but we all know it’ll probably be the same back four again. 

Doesn’t matter if it’s a back 4 or 5 for me in this game, the key is to shut off the space in front of the defence.

Probably can see Trossard or Havertz starting up top, as they’re more natural to drop off, and with Odegaard in that area too, we can’t afford to be naive and leave that space totally empty. Need someone to sit in there and just break/block things off. 

Last season we had Joelinton LW, with normal CMs. So it meant we could squeeze that space more. This time we won’t. Also, crucially last season when we put up a dogged display, we had three subs of legs coming off bench, after a strong near first choice XI started. Today, we won’t have neither first choice, and legs off bench. Probably Murphy and Tino only ones? 

Think we need to go at them first 30, risk it and see if we can take the lead and rattle them before dropping off. Can’t see us shutting up shop for full 90.

I'm not sure how we beat these, think it's just too bigger ask right now, I'd take a draw all day.Eddie in his usual presser style saying he doesn't set up for draws and only sees wins, kinda makes me feel we might ship a few goals here.

Edited by mighty__mag

Not sure how I feel about this one. Win our last two away games - Villa being a big win. Great to potentially have isak and Willock back , but a tough place to get any points unless we’re gonna press them, take our chances & pull together to close them down. 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

I think he’ll definitely go with 3 CHs and 2 WBs

Tino and Tripps 

Anthony and Barnes up top 

For me 

I was thinking the same and if it might be a system that could work. Gordon and Barnes just running about like dogs up top :lol: