Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

Don't think Trippier's been nearly as bad as some are saying. Him and Murphy have been our best outlet. 

Longstaff has been seriously off it. Demands the ball then promptly has his pocket picked. 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We’re clearly still fatigued. That can be the only excuse.

I start to wonder whether Eddie has lost the dressing room

Just now, reefatoon said:

Can’t wait to have more options in midfield so I don’t have to watch beige Longstaff running around doing nowt. Sick of seeing him in there now, so shite.

Loads of people absolutely love him. He's a grafter, covers lots of grass, and Man Utd once offered 50m for him apparently. 

Whatever happened I thought it would be a smooth game to watch but this has been brutal.

Our cleverness, rhythm, organisation and ideas drop off of late is severe.

One of the worst halves of the season for me (considering opposition), pretty much every player looks shit. There’s been no reaction at all, an embarrassing 45 and we are lucky to be level 

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

Murphy infuriating, touch after touch after touch being closed down all the while when you just want him to put it in or have a dig himself

Aye just get the ball in the box man, mix it up!

Guess those here who are especially worried about the performance were convinced we'd go back to being mint immediately after an absolute thumping?

Blackburn are up for it and playing well whilat we're low on confidence. We're still in control of the game despite not playing well. It's only stupid errors that have let them in so far.

Just now, Chris L said:

Remember when people were saying longstaff is better than rice 😂😂

I was guilty of this, or at least I thought he potentially could be better. Think I need a new sport.

Think Almiron for Murphy, and Tino for Burn. Have Almiron on LW and Gordon on RW, so they stay wide and hit byline. 

Full backs can than dribble inside more. Midfield is compact so we need to make it wide, it will help with space too then for Longstaff/Willock to break into since that’s one change we will NEVER do in midfield.