Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 2/3/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

18 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Win or lose, I'll be bumping the Hall thread when he doesn't get minutes.

Copy and paste the any of the previous replies from after a game.

Journalists just need to ask him the question in pressers.

19 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

We'll win this.

We have too otherwise the season will really feel like it's amounting to nothing...

On 28/02/2024 at 03:48, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a probably not a great game to stick in the memory, but the one which always sticks in my mind is the 1-4 home loss in 89/90.  As a kid I loved Steve Bull as an England player, and was excited to see him at SJP.  Wasn’t quite as happy when he absolutely annihilated us and scored all four for them.  Phenomenal centre forward at that level though.  

Wolves had the full Leazes that day iirc. A rare occasion in those days.

6 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Hopefully they get distracted with the FA cup now , a home game against Coventry away from a trip to Wembley .

This and 2 of their best 3 players aren't playing. We can really double up on Neto to nullify them. If our defence gets shredded again its not just because Pope and Joelinton are missing, but we already know that.

On 28/02/2024 at 03:48, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a probably not a great game to stick in the memory, but the one which always sticks in my mind is the 1-4 home loss in 89/90.  As a kid I loved Steve Bull as an England player, and was excited to see him at SJP.  Wasn’t quite as happy when he absolutely annihilated us and scored all four for them.  Phenomenal centre forward at that level though.  

New Year’s Day wasn’t it? I’m sure he scored all four in front of all their fans at the Leazes too? They had the full end iirc?

58 minutes ago, Paully said:

New Year’s Day wasn’t it? I’m sure he scored all four in front of all their fans at the Leazes too? They had the full end iirc?

That’s right - they had a huge support that day.  It’s just one of those games from when I was a kid which sticks in the brain 

Difficult to call today, classic case of 'which side turns up' from our point of view. It's a really big game in the hunt for 7th but honestly if you offered me a draw and a much improved, robust performance - and a game closer to regaining our form and fitness without any setbacks - I'd probably take it.

Think the rest of the side picks itself, but do we reckon it’ll be Longstaff or Miley on the right of the midfield three?

Just now, Rich said:

Think the rest of the side picks itself, but do we reckon it’ll be Longstaff or Miley on the right of the midfield three?

Miley on the bench supposedly. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hes not dropping longstaff like

I'd start tino miley and Barnes

But it will be Burn longstaff and almiron