FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

Previous Rounds:

3rd Round: Sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United - Isak x2, Ballard OG

4th Round: Fulham 0-2 Newcastle United - Longstaff, Burn

5th Round: Blackburn 1-1 (p) Newcastle United - Gordon

Screenshot_20240316-170843.thumb.png.bc9d4259cd75c5eae7db4f31048eb913.png

Screenshot_20240316-170833.thumb.png.a0a9bc0c98a2e5c263f82985c10777cd.png

Edited by 54

Unpopular theory, but to win it you likely have to beat one, if not both, of Man City or Liverpool, and our best chance of doing so is at SJP rather than Wembley, so a HOME draw to either might not be the worst thing.

Still take Coventry with them playing each other like.

Man City away.

Days of rightfully bigging them up, pointing out how difficult it will be and how the scoreline will be 3 or 4 to nil. Which is the norm these days when playing City.

Only to be followed after the match with cries of "embarssing" as they go onto do what was expected of them. 

Edited by TBG

Just now, SteV said:

Unpopular theory, but to win it you likely have to beat one, if not both, of Man City or Liverpool, and our best chance of doing so is at SJP rather than Wembley, so a HOME draw to either might not be the worst thing.

This is what I was thinking. However, at the moment, I don’t fancy us against anyone let alone one of those. Maybe playing one of them at Wembley with everyone back (including big Jow) could be better? 

Fuck knows. 

14 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Home to Coventry. Just you watch.

I’ve watched them a lot this season. On their day they’re a very good side, a lot better than Blackburn. They’d be up for it. 

51 minutes ago, SteV said:

Let them draw each other, hope they get say Man Utd or Chelsea in the Semi who we know we're capable of beating, but are capable of upsetting Liverpool or Man City themselves.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Let them draw each other, hope they get say Man Utd or Chelsea in the Semi who we know we're capable of beating, but are capable of upsetting Liverpool or Man City themselves.

If we’re doing ideal scenarios, then yeah, I think we’d all take that.

Outside of that though, I genuinely don’t think getting one of them at home is the worst thing. Getting one of them away is an absolute disaster.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At the moment we need an easy draw or we'll most likely lose. 

I would take the easiest possible draw until we find some better performances in general. 

That’s probably a valid point.

Only two and a half weeks until the QF, so probably unrealistic to expect we’d have improved enough to beat Man City, even at home.

Just now, SteV said:

That’s probably a valid point.

Only two and a half weeks until the QF, so probably unrealistic to expect we’d have improved enough to beat Man City, even at home.

With Liverpool’s priorities and injury issues, drawing them at home may not be a bad draw.

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Man City away.

Days of rightfully bigging up them, pointing out how difficult it will be and how the scoreline will be 3 or 4 to nil. Which is the norm these days when playing City.

Only to be followed after the match with cries of "embarssing" as they go onto do what was expected of them. 

And when challenged it'll be the classic "iT wAs tHe mAnNeR of tHe deFeAt".

I honestly don't care who we get.

If we're going to win this we'll need to see off one or two of the sky six. Even if it's only 2 and a half weeks away, as dodgy as we've been looking I am never surprised when we pull a random cracking performance out of our arse. We'll either manage it or we won't.

Seems silly to have the draw before the games, if Man U get City away is it not best to just lose against Forest then tanked off their rivals?

I don’t subscribe to the ‘it doesn’t matter who we get we have to beat the big teams at some point’ theory. Sod that, give us an easy passage now whilst we are playing shit and then maybe we can spring a surprise later on when we are more likely to get a big team