FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I was thinking why they decided to do the draw when half the teams hadn't played, is it not meant to be after 

Absolutely ridiculous they did that. Southampton had literally zero incentive to beat Liverpool knowing probably a trip to Man U was their reward.

Edited by Beth

9 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Man City is a free hit, I’d much rather we have a go, rather then sit back and watch them steamroller us (as usual) 

I know what you mean, but it’s easier said than done when you can’t get the ball off them.

Looking at stats for their home games this season and no-one has managed more than 9 shots against them. That was Chelsea who conceded 31. Average is 5.

Playing along with the idea...

If we won in the final against Liverpool, we NEED a massive pitch invasion after the final whistle. It's the only thing that would prevent Klopp turning it into a goodbye fistpump-athon to drag all attention onto himself. Would like his farewell to be him scurrying down the tunnel.

30 minutes ago, madras said:

Last out the bag two rounds off the trot I think..............I wonder ?

We were out 1st for the Blackburn tie but aye, think the Fulham one was similar to this one.

It’s probably a chance for Howe though. If he managed to win this game, he would have a great chance to win the cup and got the boards backing for the summer / next season

just treat it as the Final and fuck the citeh

11 hours ago, 54 said:

For anyone counting, thats 6 former European Champions we've faced in various cup competitions this year.

:lol: What is this 54?

In that case, we had a really hard fought win against a former two time European Champion last night.

52 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: What is this 54?

In that case, we had a really hard fought win against a former two time European Champion last night.

I saw it on Twitter and thought it was funny and summed up our cup draws this season :lol:

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

I saw it on Twitter and thought it was funny and summed up our cup draws this season :lol:

It's a good metric tbf, slight difference between the draws we've had and Froglet's boys. The only one you'd call "tough" from theirs would be Bayern, and now Liverpool. Oh and us of course as we knocked them out.

We've had City twice, them lot, our rivals away, AC Milan, Dortmund, fucking PSG.

Give my right arm for a Galatasaray, a Copenhagen, a fucking Newport County.

So I assume this will be either Friday night, 12.30 Sat or Sat night?

Liverpool play on Thursday in Europe (City play midweek before) so Man Utd vs them will be the Sunday and there is already a PL match televised for the 5.30pm slot on the Saturday!

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Liverpool play on Thursday in Europe (City play midweek before) so Man Utd vs them will be the Sunday and there is already a PL match televised for the 5.30pm slot on the Saturday!

Yeah, fair assumption.

9 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

It's a good metric tbf, slight difference between the draws we've had and Froglet's boys. The only one you'd call "tough" from theirs would be Bayern, and now Liverpool. Oh and us of course as we knocked them out.

We've had City twice, them lot, our rivals away, AC Milan, Dortmund, fucking PSG.

Give my right arm for a Galatasaray, a Copenhagen, a fucking Newport County.

Milan and Dortmund are shadows of the teams they were, and to use the fact they've won European Cups in the past as a metric of how difficult the draws are now is silly. :lol: They're still obviously good sides and you'd much rather draw teams like Copenhagen.

Your cup draws this season have been very unforgiving and I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Last train out of Manchester is at 21:45 on the Saturday so I’m going for an 8pm kick off.

Got to look to fuck us over in every way possible.

Edited by Sima

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Milan and Dortmund are shadows of the teams they were, and to use the fact they've won European Cups in the past as a metric of how difficult the draws are now is silly. :lol: They're still obviously good sides and you'd much rather draw teams like Copenhagen.

Your cup draws this season have been very unforgiving and I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise. 

Fair, less so than Forest though - they're at least still CL mainstays. Thought it was a decent shorthand for how shit a hand we've been dealt

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Fair, less so than Forest though - they're at least still CL mainstays. Thought it was a decent shorthand for how shit a hand we've been dealt

Aye a shit hand this season I would agree, but cup draws balance themselves out. Someone made a point last season of how Chelsea always get easy draws and Newcastle get shafted and I made a post showing all the draws in both cups for the last 10-15 years which showed it just isn't true and the two records were fairly similar.

I think this season for you is as hard as it gets mind. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It was a throwaway post, with an actual verifiable statistic, it aint that deep bro :lol: 

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

It was a throwaway post, with an actual verifiable statistic, it aint that deep bro :lol: 

I like it actually. Clear agenda against us given that we'll be facing 8 time European Champions across two rounds.

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I like it actually. Clear agenda against us given that we'll be facing 8 time European Champions across two rounds.

Home draw this time around though Froggy, argument and point deemed invalid lad.

This draw is remarkably similar to my 'likely draw' post in a different thread. Almost entirely predictable. There's no way they they are not using hot or cold balls....just ensure maximum viewership