Burn

Livramento 

Bruno

Willock

Hall

Isak

Not a bad shout tbh, obviously it'll never happen

Low block FTW

Have no idea what sort of performance we’ll put in. We’ll lose but I hope we put in a decent account. I think it’s likely we’ll play well and be up for it but we don’t stand a chance against them away even if they put out a second string side 

perhaps Brentford style is the blueprint for setting up against City? 

two narrow defeats this season after beating them home and away last season 

in any case I don't see how we have much chance without Gordon and Joelinton in particular 

such a cruel season for injuries and cup draws 

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

chances of victory are so remote it would probably go down as one of NUFC's greatest ever results if they were to pull it off 

Can’t think of a game off the top of my head that has quite a lot riding on it that we’ve overturned such major odds before

Would hate to see us go with a low block/5 at the back. We just can't defend consistently well, and inviting wave after wave of attack is just asking for a limp exit. Just like when we played Arsenal, I want us to go for it first 45 rather than sit off. We sat off instead, and just was a clueless mess. Our best form of defence right now is to attack.

Same team as last night, but Anderson & Murphy in for Longstaff & Gordon (with Almiron on LW).

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Would hate to see us go with a low block/5 at the back. We just can't defend consistently well, and inviting wave after wave of attack is just asking for a limp exit. Just like when we played Arsenal, I want us to go for it first 45 rather than sit off. We sat off instead, and just was a clueless mess. Our best form of defence right now is to attack.

Same team as last night, but Anderson & Murphy in for Longstaff & Gordon (with Almiron on LW).

We went for it last night and conceded 3. Imagine what City would do. I do think we should be as attacking as we're capable of tbf, but if Howe saw last night and wanted to try and sit in and then hit on the break, fair play. 

40 minutes ago, TRC said:

This is going to be the typical think we will get battered but we give it a decent go and still lose

One we’re they score first, we equalise and be on top for a while.

Only to lose in injury time.

18 minutes ago, Sima said:

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

It's one of those where we absolutely know we're gonna get battered, but we have that small feeling that we might fluke it, but we get battered anyway.

Nowhere near this optimistic.

Be shocked if it isn't like every other game there even in defeat

33 minutes ago, Sima said:

Nailed

20 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

6-0 defeat , Bruno gets sent off on 20 mins then Tino and Isak go down with injuries which keep them out for the rest of the season . 

Howe takes all the blame 

Standard 2 or 3 nil win for City. Let's be honest, even if by some miracle we beat them we'd get Liverpool in the semis.

Aye, will be nailed on to be over 3 or 4 the way we're defending at the moment.

When was the last time we put in a decent performance at their place?

29 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Aye, will be nailed on to be over 3 or 4 the way we're defending at the moment.

When was the last time we put in a decent performance at their place?

Last season we were ok and missed a couple big chances at 0-0.