Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 6/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Big fat L incoming here. Fatigue, both mental and physical will have taken their toll with the same players having to play 90mins again.

Fulham are so up and down, hard to call this. We batter them all day with a full squad, but fuck knows who we can even put out this weekend. Potential for another frustrating draw/loss.

Draw would be a good result here. Hope we get a few players back and try and win one of the Palace/Brentford aways.

Strange side. A couple of terrible results away recently. But they’ve looked really good at times at home and play some nice stuff. 

I’d fancy Muniz to score again for them. I think/hope we can hurt them on the counter. The players we have available suit that style, at least. 

Such a shame we couldn’t hang on last night. As then a draw Saturday would be fine. But it now feels like we need to be winning this. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Not sure really. We've a great recent record at Craven Cottage, but back to bare bones on the bench again. They're a proper mid table up and down side and you can't read too much into the home game cos of the early red card. They just got done bad at Forest and Silva made a triple sub after half an hour.

2-2 I think. We score and concede for fun but doubt we'll have the depth to see out a victory.

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

What will be our starting eleven?

Gordon and Willock will be in for Barnes and Anderson I suspect, as Howe seems to be managing their minutes carefully. Hoping that Hall retains his place, and ideally would see Gordon and Barnes start together. 

Not sure why people are so convinced we're going to lose this - both us and Fulham can be quite unpredictable. On paper it does look like it's going to be a painful watch mind [emoji38]

They are probably one of the less tough opponents we've got left in the run in. If we want to make Europe we have to win.

26 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Do we even have a starting eleven?

Assume it’ll be same as last night with Willock for Anderson and Gordon for Barnes. 

Then the subs to be Barnes for Isak (Gordon moved centrally) and Anderson for Willock. Maybe if Trippier can make bench, him as sub on for Krafth. Ritchie to replace Hall this time if he can’t make the whole game again.