Fulham 0-1 Newcastle United (06/04/23) | Reaction: pg 44

Yorkie

Must have one of the more favorable run ins, fixtures wise. Players are on auto pilot and throwing it away.

Kudos to Krath being one of the few really putting a shift in and looking hungry. Longstaff has been awful again. Bruno is still shackled due to his yellow card situation.

Everyone just looking deflated and too well fed.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

The lads will get a rollicking from Eddie at the half.

Doubt he’ll do anything - not got the balls 

Reminds me of Brentford away last season. Ridiculously insipid and poor for the first half then we came out a different team after the break. We definitely need a bit of a reaction after that shit though, looked really really poor in terms of quality, inspiration and enthusiasm tbh

Just now, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Really hope theres a serious internal review into all these injuries and how theyve been managed, not a chance it's all just bad luck.

Mind Willock is a perma crock tbf.

The amount of times I heard said “he felt okay so we played him” in interviews, I’m simplifying it but we need to bring a policy in or something to say a player doesn’t play until he’s signed off by the club doctor (and maybe get a new doctor) scared season 7 GIF

What the fuck was that shit. Literally cannot keep the ball, pass the ball, work ethic stinks. Any pressure and they give up and lose it. Longstaff, I give up. 

Dubravka - playing ok other than coming for the ball.

Krafth - shocking

Schar - shocking

Burn - solid enough 

Hall - naive defensively 

Longstaff - shocking

Bruno - anonymous

Willock - shocking

Gordon - bright but keeps fucking up simple passes 

Isak - should have bagged

Murphy - poor

Anderson - added something 

At least we started to improve but seriously not good enough and lucky to not be behind

Get caught on ball all time, slow it down too much when going forward, no fucking aggression, sloppy passes, no intent to press, just utter garbage. Special mention for Longstaff who has done absolutely fuck all for 45 minutes and when he did get ball with space had no fucking idea what to do with it

What an awful performance. Not a single player had a decent 45 mins there. Gordon was the best for half an hour but then started passing to the opposition by the end. Fulham look better all over the pitch except in front of goal.

Too many shit players = shit football unfortunately.

Just now, midds said:

Reminds me of Brentford away last season. Ridiculously insipid and poor for the first half then we came out a different team after the break. We definitely need a bit of a reaction after that shit though, looked really really poor in terms of quality, inspiration and enthusiasm tbh

It is our third game in a week

Worse than last week, which says a lot considering that was one of the worst performances in the clubs history. 

You really press these a couple of times and they crumble, we just haven't and let them have all the ball, they are just walking round us at will.

I haven't watched the entire game, probably about 2/3s but for all their play Gordon's 2 chances were the best in the game. Guess the other 3rd had good chances for them.

HT thoughts:

Soft and slow from the off.

Lucky Fulham are shite.

Murphy abysmal

Krafth Burn showing character

Schar major criticism of him (again)

Bruno needs to realise when we need him most. Should have offered for the ball while we were under pressure.

Longstaff jekyll and Hyde

Willock awful

Hall looked OK after first 10

We are lucky not to be behind but I'd bet we score second half.

Maybe this is v2.0 of the Howe/Tindall shithousery programme. Sucker they in by playing league 2 for the first half and let them get cocky, then come out a different squad at start of second half, get two quick goals and defend it.