Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur (13/04/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

So is it too early to talk about the fact villa and spurs have very difficult fixtures before the end of the season?

Yes. Wait at least 45 minutes.

Just now, Sufi said:

I think we aren’t finding another forward like him. Full stop. I wouldn’t even take 150m for him. He’s a generational talent. I hate throwing that word around but I think he’s transformative. Top 3 strikers in the world for me (but I’m biased as a Newcastle supporter and as an East African. We hardly produce footballers. I think the last one from east Africa was Wanyama lol 

Aye, I don’t think he’s top 3 yet, but he has potential.

I have said that if we have him for 10 years, and keep building, he’ll break Shearer’s record.

But I agree, I don’t think you are finding another like him.

I think we do have some options from the bench if Hall and Tino can last 30 mins. If Anderson has 90 mins in him he can move to accommodate Hall and likely cover most the midfield and forward positions bar Isak. Tino for Krafth and that side of the pitch may be too attacking but would scare the shit out of spurs. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Surprised I haven't heard anyone giving Eddie the credit for absolutely schooling Posty. 

Mid-block and counter has killed them.

I did. The tactics have been spot on.

Great adjustments to put the available players in position to be incredibly effective both defensively and offensively.

Just now, STM said:

Elliot "no pace" Anderson has ran more than anyone else on the pitch. Some engine on the kid.

He isn't quick, but he looks capable of playing CM. Strong as an ox helps.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, I don’t think he’s top 3 yet, but he has potential.

I have said that if we have him for 10 years, and keep building, he’ll break Shearer’s record.

But I agree, I don’t think you are finding another like him.

Seriously no offer we get will ever replace him. Genuinely top class. 

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Gordon's delivery at corners has been dangerous,too 

This. Who knew that whipping them in can cause problems instead of those shitty short corners that we do that everyone knows about, and can close down?

Edited by Stifler

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Tactically superb today. Shut Spurs down with that back 4 :lol: 

Gordon, Barnes and Isak is a lethal front 3. Woof.

I’ve also noticed that having 5 at the back allows Gordon and Barnes to play slightly more narrow, almost as LF and RF much better support for Isak. They aren’t relied upon just for width but they can come inside due to the overlap us shifting to 3 CBs and 2 wingbacks when in possession. It’s brilliant and I can’t imagine how well Trippier and Tino would fit into this system. 

Edited by Sufi

Just now, BlueStar said:

Nice of Spurs to support the RNID stuff we're doing today by wearing a strip coloured hearing-aid beige. 

And for letting us score to test out the tech.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Can’t help but love McCoist. Not a lot of insight. But he just loves the game. So enthusiastic about everything. 

He really is. It really does etc. 

I love him. Nostalgic listening to him reminds me of my childhood. Passionate about football.