Crystal Palace vs. Newcastle United: 24/4/24 @ 20:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

56 minutes ago, SteV said:

Wharton went off with a knock yesterday, although doesn’t sound overly bad.

Would be a bonus if he was out though.

Very good player. Palace have done a class job of raiding the Championship, something I don't think we should turn our noses up at.

5 hours ago, Decky said:

I don't think their two wins means a whole lot. Palace are a team that never really finds any form, they could win two and go winless for about four quite easily. We need to play with confidence and not like we did in that first half against Fulham. Isak, Barnes and Gordon on fire will mean goals for us. 

If we're comparing 'who's most likely to win three in a row'; Palace have done it seven times in ten years. We've done it eight times just since Howe was appointed. 

They do look to be playing some pretty great stuff at the moment with some really talented players so this'll be a tricky game. I think they're a bit soft in the middle though and lack a good striker so if we can win the midfield battle then I reckon we can style it out.

3-1 win. Notorious BIG with 1 each.

49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If we're comparing 'who's most likely to win three in a row'; Palace have done it seven times in ten years. We've done it eight times just since Howe was appointed. 

Nice statimism! (Think I just made up a word). 

3 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

They do look to be playing some pretty great stuff at the moment with some really talented players so this'll be a tricky game. I think they're a bit soft in the middle though and lack a good striker so if we can win the midfield battle then I reckon we can style it out.

3-1 win. Notorious BIG with 1 each.

Love this.

33 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Bruno can finally get his long awaited yellow card. 

Got to have something special planned - hes waited long enough. Maybe give the ref a wedgie?

Edited by Lazarus

2 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Got to have something special planned - hes waited long enough. Maybe give the ref a wedgie?

He's 100% jumping into the crowd if he scores. Or even if anyone scores post 90th minute.

If anything, think this is a good time for us to play them. They'll be confident and come out and look to play, we struggle most when we come up against teams who just want to sit in and frustrate. In typical Palace fashion too, they've absolutely fuck all to play for.