Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 4/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

A draw would be a decent result IMO. No injuries and some minutes for Joelinton before the Man Utd game in a few weeks would be good too.

46 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Anyone likely to be back from injury for this? Our midfield currently bare bruno won't get us over the line for europe

I think Almiron would be the only one who might be back for this one, but I haven't checked any credible sources.

Edited by Erikse

Either Newcastle do a Newcastle, Burnley do a Burnley, or it could be that the powers of Newcastle doing a Newcastle and Burnley doing a Burnley nullify themselves in which case it'll end up a bland, boring draw.

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Anyone likely to be back from injury for this? Our midfield currently bare bruno won't get us over the line for europe

It's barely worth speculating as our timelines are wildly inaccurate and Howe has ruled players out before and they have started.

16 hours ago, Beren said:

A draw would be a decent result IMO. No injuries and some minutes for Joelinton before the Man Utd game in a few weeks would be good too.

I get where you're coming from, but I just can't look at a game v 19th in the league, who have taken 10 points from 17 home games and think a point would be a decent result.

1 defeat in 8 for these, a lot of draws but with our away form and the fact they’re scrapping for survival, i don’t think this is going to be an easy one for us. 

we shouldn’t have to sit tight and hit lesser teams on the counter. We tried to do it against Palace and didn’t have a shot on target until the 87th minute. 

Get at them. They are shit.

On 28/04/2024 at 17:41, STM said:

Dubravka 

Livramento  Krafth   Burn    Hall

Longstaff   Bruno 

Gordon             Isak           Barnes

Wilson

Let's fucking av em.

I defo think Wilson and isak is a good idea, If we start without Wilson, I think Burnley set up like palace and shef utd and take control of the game, playing both of them complicates their gameplan the fact that Wilson can hold the ball up and isak can run in behind 

I think it'll be an unchanged lineup, aside from Krafth slotting in for Schar.

Wilson + Barnes + Miggy (maybe) on the bench to shake things up if needed.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twitter rumours that Joelinton will be on the bench for this one.

Hope so. Need him starting at Man United if we are to have a chance.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Hope so. Need him starting at Man United if we are to have a chance.

It would certainly help but they’re genuinely abject and we should 100% be beating them even without Joelinton. Just don’t play anything approaching a high line and we’ll eventually catch them cold - which they are for 90% of the game.