Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Potentially but there’s just not enough quality behind him or on the right to get the best out of his ability and today was an example of that. He must have been frustrated as hell.

The support he has is bad. Nothing to work with today honestly. We need much much better players with the ball in cm instead of Anderson and Longstaff, same with RW

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Because I made a mistake. 6 notifications in less than a minute :lol:

I swear this forum is slow as fuck when you realise a mistake in your post and try change it quickly :lol:

On a small sidenote, first time we've scored in every home game in the top flight since the 58/59 season, 82/83 for the second tier.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Well the last time we weren't defeated when it mattered was in 1969 so there is a bit of a pattern here.

Aye but we didn’t lose, might be frustrating but if you can’t win don’t lose which we did. 

I don’t really get the tension around todays game, the Europa league and conference is Micky mouse and financial rewards aren’t game changing.

The club is heading in right direction overall exciting times ahead.

Edited by Whitley mag

Posted (edited)

Can't believe how poor we were in the final third today. Misplaced passes, overhit passes, poor first touch, diving all over the place, indecsion, crossing and pulling back the ball to no one. Incredibly poor.

Edited by nufcjb

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye but we didn’t lose, might be frustrating but if you can’t win don’t lose which we did. 

I don’t really get the tension around todays game, the Europa league and conference is Micky mouse and financial rewards aren’t game changing.

The Europa League and Conference League aren’t ‘mickey mouse’ (can we wait until we’ve won stuff before we become this arrogant?) - and in terms of finances, a long run in the Europa League will net us similar numbers to the CL this season (the financial rewards for which are massively overstated unless your club has a high coefficient - which we don’t, because we’ve spent a decade not qualifying for ‘mickey mouse’ competitions)

Frustrating game, thought we were really quite poor.

I was sat in L7 Leazes safe standing, the very last fan before the Brighton fans. Wasn't the best atmosphere but being near them did help and for some reason standing made me feel more comfortable singing (I'm one of those that's happy making lots of noise away but it feels v different sitting at home). The vast majority of people in the standing section were standing, there was one large patch in one of the lower corners not - didn't see any arguing about standing or anything.

22 minutes ago, Heron said:

Get people being down after the game like but just need to try and maintain some rationale. :lol:

All I've read on here and WhatsApp since the end of the game is Bruno is saying his goodbyes and we aren't getting Europe because we've fucked it :lol:

I think one person said we weren't getting Europe, we have as good a chance as either of the other two, better than MU if they lose to Arsenal tomorrow and we get a result when we go there. 

Thought us and them were both poor today, one of the worst home games this season.

Onwards and upwards, Europe still in our hands.

HOWAY THE LADS :indi:

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I see virtue either way.

Its a chance of winning something but its still a very slim chance (as Villa and the slack afforded Moyes have shown) and will be little more than more games unless we at least reach the final. More games that ultimately mean little wont be our friend when persuing domestic achievements.

Not worth lacing into the manager/team about by a long chalk.

Edited by Wolfcastle

woohoo!!!!

what a fucking day!

bairn scores both goals in a cup final win and we race back up the A19 and get into SJP to catch the equaliser and then see Jonas and Cisse.

1-1 fair result.

we're still making europe.

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Fair result all round I think. Brighton a good side and obviously very dangerous on the break. We could have done with Wilson as an option today, but hey-ho.

MoM - toss up between Bruno and Elliott Anderson.

Bruno was like watching a 8 year old today, just ran around like a headless chicken

Just back in, thought today just highlighted what we already knew. Longstaff not good enough and our right wing is our weakest position. Thought Murphy was awful. In general I though we where so slow and lacked any urgency at all. Hall had a decent game.

Murphy was horseshit today, offered nothing and misplaced so much. Started hiding in the 2nd half, tucking in too much so he was unavailable for the pass.

Shouldn't really single anyone out tbh, we were poor across the pitch.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just back in, thought today just highlighted what we already knew. Longstaff not good enough and our right wing is our weakest position. 

Gordon can play there. Barnes on the left. Keep Minteh as backup. Save the money seems a while ago :lol: (not aimed at you).

43 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Frustrating game, thought we were really quite poor.

I was sat in L7 Leazes safe standing, the very last fan before the Brighton fans. Wasn't the best atmosphere but being near them did help and for some reason standing made me feel more comfortable singing (I'm one of those that's happy making lots of noise away but it feels v different sitting at home). The vast majority of people in the standing section were standing, there was one large patch in one of the lower corners not - didn't see any arguing about standing or anything.

Good. Glad you got to stand 👍🏻

59 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The Europa League and Conference League aren’t ‘mickey mouse’ (can we wait until we’ve won stuff before we become this arrogant?) - and in terms of finances, a long run in the Europa League will net us similar numbers to the CL this season (the financial rewards for which are massively overstated unless your club has a high coefficient - which we don’t, because we’ve spent a decade not qualifying for ‘mickey mouse’ competitions)

Certainly not arrogant, but when folk are getting upset about a point at home against Brighton perspective is required.

29 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Murphy was horseshit today, offered nothing and misplaced so much. Started hiding in the 2nd half, tucking in too much so he was unavailable for the pass.

Shouldn't really single anyone out tbh, we were poor across the pitch.

Murphy’s got this irritating habit of something working for him in a previous game so trying and failing constantly at it for the next few games. Today’s was trying to thread a pass similar to Isak’s goal v Sheff Utd despite the fact no player was ever making the run for them. 

31 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Good. Glad you got to stand 👍🏻

The guy in front of me (crossed my mind could be someone from here) asked me just before KO if I was planning to stand and I said aye, he knew there'd been arguments around there before and said he'd back me up etc if there were any.