Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I’m absolutely done with some of the takes on here like. Convinced there are tons of people who don’t actually watch football 

I genuinely only post a fraction of what I used to because the good posters are still here but there’s so much doom and gloom nowadays in the rest of the posts - “we’re not as big as Man City so let me bang on about it for weeks”. 

24 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I genuinely only post a fraction of what I used to because the good posters are still here but there’s so much doom and gloom nowadays in the rest of the posts - “we’re not as big as Man City so let me bang on about it for weeks”. 

Don’t let the darkness creeping dim your light! 

First start, away, against his old club in a team that is trying to find its groove. Thought he did ok all things considered. He'll be a good option at both CB and LB.

6 hours ago, Gawalls said:

:lol: and you called yourself pessimistic. I honestly never got a sense of pessimism from you.

On 25/08/2024 at 20:28, Erikse said:

His G/A record from left back is pretty much non existent. For Bournemouth while playing left back he recorded 1 goal in the cup, and 1 goal + 1 assist in the Championship. That's it. I haven't seen much of him, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's great going forward.

That's his assist quota done for us then. 

2 hours ago, CPL said:

That's his assist quota done for us then. 

I thought the same when it happened.[emoji38] Will say, judging by that assist, it will probably not be his only one for us.

Edited by Erikse

Good assist but I wasn't fully sold on him today like, although I seem to be in a minority. He's quite passive at times and backs off a lot, he's also reluctant to get forward (again, assist aside). 

Players like him will always look decent when you're backs-to-the-wall, but I prefer a full back to be aggressive like Trippier is at his best; he defends the halfway line and stops a lot of the opponent's play from developing early. 

Early days of course. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Good assist but I wasn't fully sold on him today like, although I seem to be in a minority. He's quite passive at times and backs off a lot, he's also reluctant to get forward (again, assist aside). 

Players like him will always look decent when you're backs-to-the-wall, but I prefer a full back to be aggressive like Trippier is at his best; he defends the halfway line and stops a lot of the opponents play from developing early. 

Early days of course. 

Weren't we playing the 3 centre back set up today when we had the ball, with Joelinton then looking to overlap from LCM?

Don't think he was supposed to be playing as a traditional left back, but still picked his spot at the right time to get forward and get a ball in the box.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Weren't we playing the 3 centre back set up today when we had the ball, with Joelinton then looking to overlap from LCM?

Don't think he was supposed to be playing as a traditional left back, but still picked his spot at the right time to get forward and get a ball in the box.

To be honest I'm never sure if the "three centre backs" is intentional or if we just get dragged into that shape as a result of having a natural centre half at left back, as often happened when Burn played there last season :dontknow:

Either way, I felt like it contributed to us spending a lot of the game on the back foot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone a bit surprised he's not been able to dislodge Burn from the CB position yet? He's a left sided CB from what I know so should be the logical cover for Botman. I know Burn has done well defensively, but we are really struggling to bring the ball out since Schar and Botman were sidelined and our football in general has suffered on that score.

Just now, TRon said:

Anyone a bit surprised he's not been able to dislodge Burn from the CB position yet? He's a left sided CB from what I know so should be the logical cover for Botman. I know Burn has done well defensively, but we are really struggling to bring the ball out since Schar and Botman were sidelined and our football in general has suffered on that score.

Isn’t that based around Burns leadership more than anything?