Brentford 2-4 Newcastle United (19/05/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Posted (edited)

Got there in the end despite some dodgy moments, a lack of finishing at times, and some piss poor officiating. Got a sickness bug so off to bed.

Pope: 7

Krafth: 6.5

Schär: 6.5

Burn: 6

Hall: 8.5

Bruno: 8.5

Longstaff: 7

Joelinton: 7.5

Murphy: 8

Isak: 8

Barnes: 7.5

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, B-more Mag said:

[emoji38] I’d love to be able to say thank God this season’s over, but, nope, still have to sweat out the FA Cup final. 

Would be nice but I don't think it's a difference maker for players staying, going or joining. The conference is pretty meaningless to most. Means more playing time for our Fringe players/youth though.

I’ve mentioned before the parallels with 1994/95, we finished 6th that season but missed out on Europe due to Everton unexpectedly winning the FA Cup final against the dominant team of the era, Man U. 

Next week Man U are going to be Everton, aren’t they? 

We where never going to do it the easy way where we, as we're Newcastle United and we never do that. Was convinced that we'd finish 8th as Brentford's second went in, but overall we deserved that win, we where the better team overall and from the moment we scored the 4th we saw that out really well, and had shaded of what we did last season when ahead.

Bruno and Isak where immense as always, but Hall was MOTM by a distance for me, so calm on the ball, so assured and really good at getting out of tight spaces, he got burned for their disallowed goal at the start of the game but he learnt from that and we didn't see Mbuemo at all really beyond that point, impressive stuff. 

Tony and Maupey where pricks for their challenges, utter cunts trick the two of them.

And finally the season that has felt longer then the one with a World Cup in the middle has come to an end. Thank fuck, i'm exhausted. 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

I’ve mentioned before the parallels with 1994/95, we finished 6th that season but missed out on Europe due to Everton unexpectedly winning the FA Cup final against the dominant team of the era, Man U. 

Next week Man U are going to be Everton, aren’t they? 

Nah, City will beat them like a rented mule.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Fixtures announced 18 June. Next season starts 90 days from now. 

Next season started a while back planning wise 

Goes to show that even with record breaking injury crises, incredibly tough cup draws left and right, dodgy VAR decisions, a knackered squad and no strength in depth… you still can’t keep Eddie Howes shithousing, goal scoring, record setting (hopefully) European Mags down!!

Over the moon to still finish 7th, you can see the progress and the plan every year. Howay the FUCKING lads.

2 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

7th after this joke of a season (injury wise) is damn near a miracle.

With a 23+ GD. Always a marker GD for me if a side has been good in reflection of their position, and ours says to me, without the awful mid season injury spell when we had to play like the same side 8 times in a row with piss all subs, we would’ve had UCL possibly.

Good end to the season.  7th place after the injuries we've had is a great result, shame that we have to rely on Man City to give us European football next season.

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

7th after this joke of a season (injury wise) is damn near a miracle.

Silly stat, but possibly the highest ever finish (Prem era) by a team with a streak of losing six games out of seven.

Considering that adversity, where we also lost against Chelsea on pens after winning on 90 minutes and went out of Europe, its a very good turnaround.

So many "sliding doors" moments this season where things could have gone a bit better, but the lads keep fighting and I hope they're rewarded with a place in Europe.

Thanks for all the chat everyone, which made the season better for me. Howay the Lads!

Just now, ikri said:

Good end to the season.  7th place after the injuries we've had is a great result, shame that we have to rely on Man City to give us European football next season.

No better team to rely on