• Miley vs Fulham
    • Isak vs Man City
    • Gordon vs Man City
    • Bruno (1st) vs Forest
    • Livramento vs Wolves
    • Barnes vs West Ham
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I've no beef with Schär being the winner of this thing but in terms of quality then I think Barnes' just edges it. One of the cleanest and most wicked strikes of the ball from an NUFC player we've seen in some time, imo, plus it was a massive moment in the season. 

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've no beef with Schär being the winner of this thing but in terms of quality then I think Barnes' just edges it. One of the cleanest and most wicked strikes of the ball from an NUFC player we've seen in some time, imo, plus it was a massive moment in the season. 

Very similar to Wissa's goal yesterday, such a clean hit. 

I went "Other". Just for the pureness of the strike I'd go Murphy v Chelsea. Love a hit like that where it's past the keeper before he knows owt about it. Reminds me of O'Brien, Shearer, Robert etc...

1 minute ago, Pata said:

So many goals but not that many really good ones now that I think about it, weird. 

Yeah I thought that. The list last season is all absolute bangers.

Schar PSG was brilliant, the tackle before it then boom. But for me the Barnes West Ham one is it. 3-1 down, miserable as fuck and potentially blowing any chance of European football then Barnes saves us with a late winner. An absolute classic game and a massive moment in our season if we go on to get Conference League. 

Joelinton would’ve won it, had the result gone differently. Schar just was the icing on the cake on a memorable night. Can’t wait for more nights like that in years to come! 

Posted (edited)

Gordon vs City for me because I was jumping around my house almost hyperventilating screaming "what a goal, what a goal". Maybe it's the chip on my Newcastle shoulder that has to prove that AG10 is a special player, but I was going nuts when he scored.

Joelinton's vs Milan like above said would probably be my  goal but it's too painful to think about. Was very much like Cisse's first against Chelsea. Teed it up with his first touch and then smashed it with his second. The ice cold celebration was brilliant, too. Joe's such a mad man, I can't imagine what he was even thinking. Was it joy, rage, i have no idea, but it was a brilliant goal, like, and I'd watch it on repeat if we had advanced to the latter stages. 

Edited by Astroblack

Posted (edited)

Bruno for quality combo of both the move and lovely touch for the strike, Schar PSG for moment.

Honourable mention to Wilson v Palace for the team move. 

I reckon Murphy v Chelsea was prob a better strike than Barnes v West Ham.

Edited by Superior Acuña

On 21/05/2024 at 06:47, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar's will be remembered like Albert's. Quality goal from a centre-back rounding off one of the greatest stand-alone results in our history.

Aye it’s clear by a million miles. 

Saying that, just rewatched Barnes winner v West Ham. Pure quality and massively important.

When he came on we were about to go 7 adrift of West Ham and stuck in mid-table, 2 goals from him and we were up to 8th and only a point behind them. Seemed to be a sliding doors moment for both our seasons.

On 23/05/2024 at 23:09, Optimistic Nut said:

Saying that, just rewatched Barnes winner v West Ham. Pure quality and massively important.

When he came on we were about to go 7 adrift of West Ham and stuck in mid-table, 2 goals from him and we were up to 8th and only a point behind them. Seemed to be a sliding doors moment for both our seasons.

His equaliser in that game as well. Not as good looking a finish but the vision for the run and pass were superb.