Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

I'm not sure either us or the team can discern what Southgate wants [emoji38]

I just can’t remember seeing Kane consistently doing this for Spurs or Bayern. But for Southgate’s England, oh yes every game dropping deep

Some of the takes here are a bit extreme. It’s a better performance from England, more front footed. Having Gallagher looks to have given better shape. They’ve put some decent balls into the box (against Denmark they created almost zero chances)

But also have to consider playing a much worse side.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Well yeah that's what I was getting at. :lol:

My overarching point was, Gallagher was an obvious change he would make, but at least one or two more would have made an actual difference. Instead, it's just a re-run of the 2 previous game. Low creativity, poor passing, vulnerable as fuck despite two dms. Gallagher is a shite DM by the way, just has a more basic idea of how to be a midfielder than Trent, which was a baffling experiment that he persisted with.

Just now, Stifler said:

My memory has been pushed deep down somewhere, where Newcastle this bad pre-takeover?

I'd say this is about the level of a Steve Bruce Newcastle. Schar and Lejeune on the bench as Hayden plays centre half. Willems in midfield.  [emoji38]

1 minute ago, midds said:

Gallagher off, Gordon on. Bellingham back into CM next to Rice, Gordon LW, move Foden in one to CAM basically and see what happens eh? 

I honestly don’t think he dares now because if it works people will be saying “why didn’t he do it sooner?” so he’ll double down like this throughout the tournament now

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Nieve Petru predicted that exactly this would happen with Foden. You can probably imagine what a lot of the comments were like at the time 

Really knows her footy, that lass. Hate to think the comments.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

My memory has been pushed deep down somewhere, where Newcastle this bad pre-takeover?

Lot of the same shit tactics mind, despite GS having some of the best around to work with