Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Just now, Gawalls said:

He didn’t like, case of rose tinted glasses?

Considering he was the only player on the entire left, and playing out of position. Dunno, like. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fantastic point 

:lol: This was the compromise between me and my builder. We play like

shite so the flaws are exposed but we get enough to get through (probably) so we can try some interesting stuff against Slovenia. Maybe?

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

When I joined this forum back in 2013 I think the hatred for Pardew was at its peak, 11yrs later still not forgotten lol

You can say that again

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Christ I fucking hate Gareth Southgate.

Since the end of the season watching this rubbish it really hits home how lucky we are to have Eddie. Imagine having this loser in charge.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Save us, @Alan Pardew, you’re our only hope. 

YES LADS. Remember when the bookies had me as a favourite for the job after the Iceland debacle? The first one that is. Alas it didn’t come to pass. 

See ya later. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Ref loves pouring liquid peas on everything.

Better than some Gram crackers out of an aloominum tube made by a guy called Creg. You fuck.

Pathetic, even if we top the group I can see third place knocking us out in the next round, absolutely disgusting how he can get so much attacking talent looking so impotent.

Just now, Teasy said:

Southgate is awful.

I just figured out why this is winding me up so much, even though I'm not English.

It's because of how familiar this feeling is watching this kind of football.

Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce ... it's the exact same type of random, lifeless, boring and confusing football.

Hey, why not.

Pickford: 6.5

Walker: 6

Stones: 6

Guehi: 7.5

Trippier: 6

Rice: 5

TAA: 4.5 Gallagher: 6

Bellingham: 5

Foden: 6.5

Kane: 4.5

Saka: 5.5

As a team: 3

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Yorkie said:

That was a truly horrendous performance; easily the worst I can recall in a tournament under Southgate. Didn't see the Belgium defeat in 2018.

That was absolutely appalling. I didn't think we would win this tournament but I think it's absolutely clear that there isn't a cat in hell's chance.

Obviously I've defended Southgate and I absolutely stand by that defence, but that was a horror show. That wasn't just bad, there was an absence of any amount of tactical definition. The players looked like they met yesterday.

I take solace from the fact that the opponents were shit too and barely looked like winning against a terrible England team, leaving me to wonder if the conditions were partially responsible. I'm clutching though. 

We're still in control of the group Yorkie, and surely the performances will improve. Can't get much worse.

Just now, KaKa said:

I just figured out why this is winding me up so much, even though I'm not English.

Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce ... it's the exact same type of random, lifeless, boring and confusing football.

They're all cut from the same cloth.

The players he picks does not the suit how he wants England to play. Trent, Foden, Bellingham are pretty much all free roles off the ball, and I think Trent is really poor defensively (especially for a CM), so why the hell are England so passive. Then you have Harry Kane who also plays as if he has a free role, which means there's nearly no structure across the forward line, other than Saka who you can rely on to still be out wide. Its so bloody odd. 

Just now, KaKa said:

There's something relaxing about being in that identical atmosphere on this board but being foreign enough for an immunity. :lol: These Newcastle/England fans are fucking troopers.

One of the worst performances I've seen from England in a long time. Said earlier it was like watching Bruce's Newcastle, and I wasn't wrong. Got to be down to the manager and the tactics?