Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Just now, nortoon said:

Gallagher being the furthest forward midfielder reminds me of us playing Longstaff there. Except we don't have the luxury of having Bellingham, Foden and Cole Palmer in the squad. :lol:

He's a better looking Longstaff

2 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Gallagher being the furthest forward midfielder reminds me of us playing Longstaff there. Except we don't have the luxury of having Bellingham, Foden and Cole Palmer in the squad. :lol:

Longstaff would be perfect for Southgate, not sure why he didn't pick him. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

We’ve been shite in other tournament games, but not 3 in a row 

Scotland at the last Euros is the only one that really stands out as truly awful that I can remember. In amongst good performances though as you say.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Bellingham’s passing has been dirt. Looks like he’s not switched on at all

We have a sprinkling of players who have legitimately been some of the best in their countries and respective positions, in the season just finished, Foden, Bellingham, Kane (arguably), Rice. You wouldn't believe it watching them in this tournament, they're like ghosts.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Surely Walker's strengths are better suited to be used on the left compared to Trippier's?

Nah, you’d rather have at least one of them in a position where you know they’ll be defensively solid and occasionally contribute going forward. Switch them and you’ve got neither.