Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Just now, Pata said:

Why didn't England keep playing like they did before the goal? Makes no sense to allow them to cross when they could be parked outside their own box.

A Southgate thing, no?

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

I'd say we've turned a promising start in to a bit of a turgid faff. Squeezing out early 1-0s will never be a way to win tournaments and is just pointlessly risky.

Aren't you Scottish?

Just now, Rod said:

No he's not.  He's an excellent footballer.

He doesn't excell in top grade company for me, keep waiting for him to turn it on, it rarely happens . Imo 

Great first 15, eased up after that. It’s just crying out for what I feel we all keep banging on about - Gordon on, Foden off, Kane drops deep, that big lump they have at the back doesn’t know what to do and we tear them apart on the wings.

Decent half, we've played some really lovely stuff at times. Saka, Bellingham and Trent have all been class. Defensively we've dealt with everything they had.

More of the same please.

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

I'd say we've turned a promising start in to a bit of a turgid faff. Squeezing out early 1-0s will never be a way to win tournaments and is just pointlessly risky.

While I agree mostly.

Greece & Portugal. :lol:

We haven't even got out of 3rd gear IMO. 

They will get tired, it will open up and we will get another 2/3, especially when the subs come on.

Balance is definitely off. The left side doesn’t work. Kane staying high to give Foden space hasn’t worked. Aside from Bellingham the other midfielders have been more passive as the half went on. 

Saka is clear off Palmer I don’t care what anyone says. Totally different level of player currently. 

I’d definitely get Gordon on asap or someone prepared to stay wide. 

Kane is performing a role and staying high up- but Foden isn’t having an impact and the Serbian RB is having an easy time, agree with the calls for AG on for Foden

Saka and Bellingham demonstrating sticking great players in their best positions 

That said, overall a decent start from England. First half of first game and winning with some good moves.

Edited by WilliamPS

Rio about Bellingham - “this is my game and I am him”. Fucking hell. Does everything he says come from some EPL Twitter banter account. You’re 45 mate. 

Edited by Joelinton7