Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

Just now, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

The annoying part of these 24 team tournaments is that neither the Netherlands nor France or in any danger of going out, despite the rubbish they have played in this group.

France have literally scored 1 goal themselves and that was a penalty and they sit 2nd on 5 points :lol:

Just now, 54 said:

As it stands, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal are all on the opposite side of the draw if England finish top of their group.

Would we not potentially face the 3rder of this group? 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Would we not potentially face the 3rder of this group? 

Currently the Netherlands with the winner of Switzerland vs Italy after that. By no means easy but definitely a handier side of the tournament. 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

As it stands, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal are all on the opposite side of the draw if England finish top of their group.

This is one of Southgate's strengths.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

Worst Dutch team I've seen. Best Austrian team I've seen (didn't see the late 70s early 80s Schachner, Prohaska era)

I suppose 'seen' is the pertinent point but I think by definition this Dutch team cannot be worse than the one that missed out on a 24 team euros in 2016.

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Based on what I’ve seen from England so far we will lose to the first decent team. 

Would love to see England have a huge win tonight to keep Croatia in it. 

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Based on what I’ve seen from England so far we will lose to the first decent team. 

Happens everytime, don't need to be an expert to predict that.

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I suppose 'seen' is the pertinent point but I think by definition this Dutch team cannot be worse than the one that missed out on a 24 team euros in 2016.

They didn't qualify for a 32 team world cup in 2002 but that team was a hundred times better than this