Anthony Elanga

Yorkie

I do think there is interest in the likes of Wilson, Almiron and Longstaff. But clubs think we are desperate to sell and are low balling us. I do think we will see 2 of these 3 depart after the PSR deadline. At the moment it’s finding the best deal for the one sale that will keep us within limits. Looks to be Minteh or Anderson. 

Edited by aussiemag

52 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'd take it all day. Don't really rate Anderson to be honest.

Don't rate Anderson that much either, but would be lying if I said I knew much about Elanga. At least it beats waking up to stories about Liverpool buying Gordon or selling Isak to Chelsea.

With Tonali back, I can understand Anderson being an option to leave. Not that they're the same position as such, but Anderson is average really, so we could just drop Longstaff in if we keep him or one of the academy lads. Think I'd rather lose Anderson than Minteh, just because we will need options on the right if Miggy goes, especially with Ritchie having gone as well (again, not that he was that much of an option, but he was cover if needed).

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is definitely some desperation involved this close to the deadline.

I think the most useful thing I can say is that we fundamentally disagree on the meaning of the word “desperation”. To me this is just an unfortunate and irksome reality.

Would anyone, right now, accept no transfers if it meant there were no outgoings? I'd snap your hand off at this point. Tonali returning, injured players coming back, Hall getting into the groove, maybe Minteh would contribute. Wouldn't be so bad imo.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would anyone, right now, accept no transfers if it meant there were no outgoings? I'd snap your hand off at this point. Tonali returning, injured players coming back, Hall getting into the groove, maybe Minteh would contribute. Wouldn't be so bad imo.

Three centre halves to last us until February? No ta.

We certainly need some cover for centre back with Botman and Lacelles not back till December at the earliest. And it seems probable we'll have to raise £30m+ to avoid points deductions. Otherwise, would probably be happy with no other activity at this point.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not at all.

34 minutes ago, worthy said:

This is a trade worth exploring, Elanga has looked decent for sure and I dont think my namesake has the footballing brain to become more than a lower-half player, sadly.

I don’t think Anderson lacks footballing brain. Just a player without a clear position at this stage of his career. Not enough pace to be a winger at this level and probably still lacking experience playing deeper.

PSR is a joke, ridiculous that teams are forced to sell or swap home grown talent to get below artificial spending limits.

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

RW is a must and we need more CB cover due to the injuries. Otherwise would think the squad does fine without a massive injury crisis.

38 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You mean for the rest of this weekend or the rest of the window?

For the rest of the window no, another season of Miggy and Murphy :/ 

43 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd be content with that. Tonali and Minteh are basically new players in positions we need to strengthen. I am very hyped on Minteh though and think he has the potential to make an instant impact for us. Edit: and even if he doesn't we have very capable players in Almiron & Murphy. Definitely worth the gamble imo.

Main concern would be if (when?) Isak or Wilson picks up an injury. Even with a reduced schedule from last season it feels like its only a matter of when rather than if the next one picks up an injury from playing every minute of every game while the other is recovering.

Edited by Conjo

In all honesty unless I needed the money for my own club to avoid a FFP sanction ,If I owned a premier league club I would be doing absolutely no deals with any club knowing that they could be hit with a points deduction if I didn't buy a player from them .

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A centre-back on loan and no major outgoings. 

50 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Absolutely no imo! Yes we would have them for the coming season but the likes of Bruno and Isak most definitely would want to be off as soon as the season ends. They are ambitious and rightly so. I don’t see them leaving this window anyways. Gordon too.  

Edited by Ikon