Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, true. And I'm really looking for all this to die down and prove to be nonsense.

If he's really just doing all this to stir up the fans then there's something seriously wrong with that guy.

It’s his job to drive clicks and engagement, that’s the reality of being a "journalist" in these post social media times. I do think he loves to take a broken glass/ less than half full view of things, but that’s his right. It’s up to us as readers to remember that though and view everything he says or writes in that context

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll not say why but I have the opportunity to speak to Hope a few times a week if anyone wants me to ask/throw anything. 

Interesting ... are you Hope?! :knuppel2:

Not even sure how to frame any question to get an idea of the validity of any tension behind the scenes, or how you'd know if he was being straight up about things.

Maybe ask why there seems to be such a difference between his view on things as opposed to the others?

51 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll not say why but I have the opportunity to speak to Hope a few times a week if anyone wants me to ask/throw anything. 

Edited by greydos
Joking obvs

53 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ask him who broke his heart or wronged him in life, to make him so bitter and twisted. 

54 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, true. And I'm really looking for all this to die down and prove to be nonsense.

If he's really just doing all this to stir up the fans then there's something seriously wrong with that guy.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. He writes for the worst rag in the country for stirring up the public and printing mistruths and lies. He comes across really arrogant and smarmy on any pod I’ve heard him on. Find him worse than Edwards to listen to, even. 

Oh how his stock has fallen. Was probably my favourite thing linked to NUFC when he called Bruce out when no others would. Can see now that wasn’t specific to him and he just likes the drama and misery. 

Gets people talking and generates clicks, I suppose. Just like we are on here. 

I overheard an older lady logging in to the Mail's prize wheel game on her tablet, but then wasn't sure about how to claim her free two for one meal, as it was all too complicated.

So ask him about that, or house prices instead. It may be the start of a beautiful friendship.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I should point out that the opportunity I'm on about would still involve me approaching him as a stranger :lol:

That rules out my smart arse question then, which given what I think you've mentioned you do for work before would have been "Instead of hiring a PR team why don't you just stop being such a dickhead?" 

Icarus. Known for getting too close to the sun. The Sun. Known for tits and journalism. Journalism. Known to be the profession Craig Hope works in. Kid. Known to be the child of someone.

Known to be a tit (not my words) at times and claims to be the Kid Icarus.

Kid Icarus is Craig Hope's son.

Edited by TBG

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who's his favourite poster 

55 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I should point out that the opportunity I'm on about would still involve me approaching him as a stranger :lol:

You should introduce yourself with the forum nickname, he will be familiar :lol:

Howe said he thinks players signed before were good and we love them to bits.

That is exactly sort of diplomatic answer Howe can give. He knows Wood and Targett were not great deals, but of course manager is not going to single anyone out. He cannot answer any other way.

14 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Now did he really say all of that or is Hope in shit stirring mode again?

He said it in the usual calm assured Eddie manner. (No) Hope continues shit stirring