Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

Southgate’s big tournie results:

Semi

Final

Quarter

Final*

Pretty sure any other manager would get far more praise for that set of results. Really hope we/he wins it. 

Hell of a cv to take into his Old Trafford interview.

Wonderful finish from Watkins. Probably deserved overall as first half Dutch decided not to mark and we were quite dominant, though I can only remember one really clear cut chance.

Second half they decided to mark us and largely nothing happened. Overall though we were better than them. Have to say I was very underwhelmed with the Netherhollands. Thought they would have something about them going forward.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I actually don’t think we need to fear them though. They are not the same Spanish team who ripped football apart for 3 tournaments.

They have been the best team in this tournament by far though.

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Semi

Final

Quarter

Final*

Pretty sure any other manager would get far more praise for that set of results. Really hope we/he wins it. 

For Southgates sake, I really hope no matter the result on Sunday, he resigns afterwards (Hopefully on top), as the amount of stick he gets can't be good for anyone, especially someone who by all accounts is a very decent person.

Semi

Final

Quarter

Final*

I have 200+ wins in COD Warzone but I'd never say I was a good player. I just camp with claymores with my gun aimed at the door. That's how Southgate plays. 

Semi

Final

Quarter

Final*

Hope he doesnt. Anti-football. Fuck that. Only played poor sides this tournament and yet had to scrape their way to the final. Lucky man. Too many good players to almost lose to Slovakia, Switzerland and this poor dutch side that almost went out to Turkey.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

For Southgates sake, I really hope no matter the result on Sunday, he resigns afterwards (Hopefully on top), as the amount of stick he gets can't be good for anyone, especially someone who by all accounts is a very decent person.

Regardless of the result he does have to go. Either he's peaked and the project has finally achieved what it needed to and it's time to go out on top, or it's run it's course and needs a fresh start. Hope it's in the former, be a tough game but if we're peaking we can match them 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

Hope he doesnt. Anti-football. Fuck that. Only played poor sides this tournament and yet had to scrape their way to the final. Lucky man. Too many good players to almost lose to Slovakia, Switzerland and this poor dutch side that almost went out to Turkey.

:spit:

6 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

It's great watching the delicious tears from people complaining it wasn't a penalty and that Netherlands were robbed.

They were shite all game and never looked like scoring a second

Totally agree. We deserved it more than Holland imo.

Also, sidenote, Howe knows a player when he sees one. Guehi was excellent.

Pickford: 7

Walker: 7

Stones: 7.5

Guehi: 9

Trippier: 7 Shaw: 7

Rice: 7

Mainoo: 8

Bellingham: 7.5

Foden: 8 Palmer: 8

Saka: 8

Kane: 6.5 Watkins: ehhhh 10 :lol:

Won't be a popular opinion but the manager got his decisions spot on there. There's an argument that the subs could've been made earlier but I understand the care taken when it looks like ET could be on the cards. Ultimately though, it was proactive and effective.