Will Osula

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnjT_zE0tuN8BTOFcrjZv

I think it's a little different with a striker, though. The risk in giving him a cameo is much lower than an inexperienced defender & the longer he waits for his debut and by extension his first goal, the harder it could become.

Not saying we should be starting him but would have expected him to see the pitch by now if even for a few minutes.

EDIT: And with Isak (and Wilson's) injury history, he'll be needed at some point. Better we blood him before we totally rely on him surely?

Edited by Pilko

Everyone knows by now that not getting games from Howe is not indicative of anything for new signings, especially young unproven ones. He’ll play against Wimbledon and im really excited to watch him 

12 months ago Gordon was U21 player of the tournament as a false 9. There is no need to rip Osula for his role or non-role in this match. His time will come. We should protect him from pressure situations like today.

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

12 months ago Gordon was U21 player of the tournament as a false 9. There is no need to rip Osula for his role or non-role in this match. His time will come. We should protect him from pressure situations like today.

I don't think being on the bench carries that much pressure, kid would probably love the chance to come on for 20 mins and have a run at the opposition.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Everyone knows by now that not getting games from Howe is not indicative of anything for new signings, especially young unproven ones. He’ll play against Wimbledon and im really excited to watch him 

He'll start coming on eventually, just not in these tight games when the team isn't playing well. Fans would probably do that just as a punt, but professional managers won't.

Can we not just be happy we've won? Do we really need a scapegoat or come up with a narrative for every game no matter the result?

Edited by TBG

I was a bit surprised to see him get no minutes again. Taking off one of Murphy or Gordon for him in about the 80th minute to give a focal point up front and offer a bit of an outlet would have been an obvious move but Howe opted for 5 at the back with Kelly. You can't argue with the result today but I'm not convinced this was a Howe tactical masterclass. Like others I'll watch the line up against Wimbledon with added interest to see if he gets a start.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

I still have my doubts about it tbh. Not saying it's right or wrong not to start him, I just have this suspicion that Howe wants to field a strong team against them, without players that he doesn't trust yet.

Edited by Erikse

27 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I still have my doubts about it tbh. Not saying it's right or wrong not to start him, I just have this suspicion that Howe wants to field a strong team against them, without players that he doesn't trust yet.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting, which will delight the cup before everything people. 

I'm pretty relaxed about this situation. I think people are imagining he's more of a finished article than he is. He's more at the Minteh/Kuol end of the spectrum than the Hall/Livramento side. I think the plan has always been to give him time in the lowest risk situations, of which we've unfortunately not had any yet.

Not denying I would've liked seeing him up front today with Gordon and Barnes on the wings, but I don't think he's being held back because he's underperforming expectations. It's going exactly to plan.