Marc Guehi

gdm

33 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Guehi is definitely wanting to move to us, so I’m told. AG and Tripps have been in his ear on England duty, and he’s very close to AG.

Also, apparently there’s a clause that would make it significantly cheaper for us to sign him before the season starts (something to do with a sell-on clause, but I’m not sure on specifics), so if it happens, I’m imagining we’re pushing really hard to make it happen this side of Southampton.

Got me all excited now :) 

33 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Guehi is definitely wanting to move to us, so I’m told. AG and Tripps have been in his ear on England duty, and he’s very close to AG.

Also, apparently there’s a clause that would make it significantly cheaper for us to sign him before the season starts (something to do with a sell-on clause, but I’m not sure on specifics), so if it happens, I’m imagining we’re pushing really hard to make it happen this side of Southampton.

I’d say 8.5 times out of 10 if the player really wants it, and both teams are open to it happening, it happens.

36 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There's simply no way this is true, as I've been reliably told by absolute gobshites that Gordon has had his head turned, and Trippier is away to Saudi.

Sounds like Guehi is signing for Liverpool based on your info. 

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

There's simply no way this is true, as I've been reliably told by absolute gobshites that Gordon has had his head turned, and Trippier is away to Saudi.

Sounds like Guehi is signing for Liverpool based on your info. 

😂

Some of you are tickled far too easily. And Eddie's feelings won't be hurt if you have points of disagreement. And its even sillier when you realize this is all over a likely planted rumor for a player we might not even be interested in. Do we need to bully?

51 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Love this!

36 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Who'll play left CB to complete the all-Cobham defence?

My working theory is that Eddie wants the England job alongside the Newcastle one and he’s trying assemble his international squad here. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Subscribed.

1 minute ago, MagMal said:

If Mitchell is off to Turkey to look at that winger fella, do we think this deal could be as good as done?

Where’s this from?

If we got Guehi, Yilmaz and that young kid from Sheff Utd as one for the future I’d be more than satisfied with this window.

Says in that article that Newcastle supporters aren't hopeful of a deal coming to fruition.

Bit of a setback for me as I thought we were.

23 minutes ago, Fak said:

If we got Guehi, Yilmaz and that young kid from Sheff Utd as one for the future I’d be more than satisfied with this window.

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction.

Trust Schar and he’ll be true to you. Treat Guehi greatly, and he will show himself to be great.

2 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

There are posters who are much worse. Go back to when we were losing regularly last season. He was generally positive and sanguine. At the same time, he can be a bit of a mood killer when it comes to transfers.

But Interpolic just turned Bikini Atoll to glass with that H Bomb graphic.

I never get too down. Or too up.  

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Like the sound of this. 

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

I like this one personally. In a dream world we get to sign an exciting CB from abroad for £40-50m, who fits the profile perfectly, and he happens to fulfill the demands of playing in the Premier League rather quickly. I think the club knows how difficult this is by now, especially in todays market. By paying that extra bit of money on Guehi, we know that we will get someone who has been performing both in the PL, and at the Euros. Someone who is proven at this level, and who is still young. We will never get the perfect player, even at this price. Sometimes you have to make some compromises, also in terms of price.

And speaking of the cartel clubs, they routinely spend that little bit of extra money when they feel like they really need that player type. They often spend more to get proven PL players aswell, even when they are not the biggest names yet.

I agree that another season of Almiron/Murphy would be pretty irritating, but so would Dan Burn at LB. The chance of Burn being a regular at LB decreases with a solid CB signing if we are more comfortable with using Kelly at LB over Burn.

I had assumed we would live up 

RB - Schar - Burn - Kelly/Hall

Burns time at left back is surely done anyway.