Marc Guehi

gdm

Seemed to be a lot of people getting word we had reached his valuation yesterday so there must have been some encouragement from our side that we were close. Then this from him today? Sounds like a last minute ploy to try and squeeze more from us. 

I still think this gets done but imagine it’ll rumble on a while now. 

This window is looking very sub-par at this point. 

If we have offered 50 million and he's saying we are nowhere near then we need to pull out , he's not a generational talent and he's not worth paying stupid money for .

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Is Todibo gone yet? Half the price and not too far away in terms of ability.

Was my first thought despite never watching him ever

Yeah it was wrapped up

Edited by Fezzle

Said when we were first linked, for the inflated price due to Prem experience, recent high praise for England etc that we would have to pay way more than the player is worth.

You're reaching Van Dijk sort of money and he isn't a superstar or generational talent as his owner suggests. He's a good player who would improve us. But with the financial restraints put on us currently, not worth the amounts being discussed if it's gonna cause us to miss out on strengthening other areas or cause us to need to sell one of our actual stars next window.

They got burned with the Olise release cause meaning they lost a genuine world class talent for a sum that they weren’t happy with. They’re desperate for a bidding war for Guehi that won’t arrive unless someone loses a key centre back to injury before the end of the window. They run the risk of not cashing in when he’s at peak value and will have an unhappy player if they don’t accept. Wouldn’t surprise to see an ultimatum from us after this nonsense 

Can't wait for it to come out that when Guehi refused to sign a new contract his agent had said to Parish "if you want to keep a superstar player you need to pay superstar money" and he fucks off for nothing 

Sounds like he's got wind of our 3rd bid being our final offer and I'd trying to get more out of us and/or flush another bidder out.

Going public though, walk away now.

5 minutes ago, Bunk Moreland said:

It's fair from Palace - we'd expect us to do exactly the same if someone came in for Gordon or Isak. Also fair now for us to crack on with another target if we've put our max bid in and they're not interested. Think good value can be found elsewhere.

It's out of order in my book. If we are negotiating behind closed doors, there's absolutely no need to go public on it. I think we might pull the plug on it now, and I won't be that arsed either. Maybe we can spend that money on RW istead and bring in cover at CB for now.

Lol dickhead parish, good luck motivating a player who wants to move on from your tinpot club, we have offered more than fair money if the reports are correct.

If he stays at Palace watch his form dip all year and him look unmotivated, then someone will pick him up for half what we are offering next summer.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Was my first thought despite never watching him ever

Yeah it was wrapped up

Shit. I don’t mind them holding out for the best price they can get but don’t give us the “do me” eyes throughout the bidding process and make zero concessions. Waste of everyone’s time, man.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Even if Ando is who people think he is, there's surely not many reliable connections he has at the club now? At least at the recruitment level. 

:lol: who do people think he is?

1 minute ago, STM said:

Signing Madueke would be make me feel much better. :lol:

Nah. If we aren't signing our top centre back then we should go balls deep for a right winger.

I cannot believe WillNufc1982 was wrong.

Honestly 55m+5m is a great offer. Guehi has hit his peak value for Palace, only way is down for them.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Nah. If we aren't signing our top centre back then we should go balls deep for a right winger.

That's what I've just said.:lol: