Marc Guehi

gdm

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They've been linked to a couple of CBs themselves haven't they? Those players might not be available in January/next summer if they don't get them now, so might still end up cashing in. 

Depends how fussed they are about missing out on potential replacements. If they think they can hang onto Guehi they don't really need them. How highly do they rate those replacements anyway? If they were that good I think we'd probably move for them ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

It’s a clear "please start a bidding war" attempt like, the thing is given how long this has already gone on, I think if it were going to happen it already would have. 

I expect us to walk away now given how public it’s become, but Parish isn’t going to get the bidding war he wants or Guehi to sign a new contract. So they’re going to have to accept a lower offer in the future

It hasn't gone on very long at all really. A week and a half is nothing, these deals sometimes rumble on for weeks.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It hasn't gone on very long at all really. A week and a half is nothing, these deals sometimes rumble on for weeks.

It feels drawn out as Palace leaked it straight to Ornstein from the start to try to drum up other interest.

Wasn't it Douglas who said this transfer window would be "transformative"

It's been utterly crap up to now if we're honest.

Obviously I'll reserve judgement until it closes.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I meant it’s been public for that long and apparently no other bidders have surfaced. I’d suggest that if others were going to try to gazump us they’d have done it before Parish's recent media performance

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I meant it’s been public for that long and apparently no other bidders have surfaced. I’d suggest that if others were going to try to gazump us they’d have done it before Parish's recent media performance

It's probably what prompted it, one last throw of the dice.

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Yep, “transformative” window, “transformative” stadium plans. Judge in two weeks but he might need to find a new adjective.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Going by the talk in the first 6 months of the year, I think we were imagining shipping out a host of players that in the end we've still got e.g. Almiron, Wilson, Lascelles, Trippier, Bruno.

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Going by the talk in the first 6 months of the year, I think we were imagining shipping out a host of players that in the end we've still got e.g. Almiron, Wilson, Lascelles, Trippier, Bruno.

I wasn't that confident of shipping many of those out, not going to lie. Don't think Bruno belongs on that list though, don't think we want him gone at all.

9 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Think missing out on the Tosin deal looks to have been more impactful on transfer plans than first thought 

Just now, TRon said:

I wasn't that confident of shipping many of those out, not going to lie. Don't think Bruno belongs on that list though, don't think we want him gone at all.

No, I wasn't confident either - assuming no Saudi assistance etc. But there certainly was a lot of talk about wide ranging squad rebuilds, when what we've got is pretty much stasis.

I don't think we wanted Bruno gone in the sense of getting rid of him, but I think it was our main expectation that he left. With that helping to fund the rebuild that the others' fees probably wouldn't have covered on their own.

17 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

We all know there's still over 2 weeks left right?  The window doesn't close Saturday.

True that, although it would be nice to have new bodies in if just for the lift. We've seen in the past how quiet transfer windows can lead to staleness on the pitch, ideally you want to hit the ground running given how tight those top 8 spots are going to be this season. 

Atleast now we know that we have alot of money to spend. If we have to choose between a RW and CB id rather want a RW instead anyway. Dont know if its better for the team, but helluva more exciting.

I am quite relaxed about the window (at the moment)

However if we don’t get into Europe this season , we will no doubt lose Bruno in the Summer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gordon / Isak would want to leave as well 

All 3 are way too good not to be playing in Europe! 

7 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I am quite relaxed about the window (at the moment)

However if we don’t get into Europe this season , we will no doubt lose Bruno in the Summer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gordon / Isak would want to leave as well 

All 3 are way too good not to be playing in Europe! 

We would need a new manager as well.

Honestly - why do the likes of talksport get involved - have your opinion on the air but not directly to the owner.  Shouldn't be allowed.

4 hours ago, TRC said:

Are they not waiting for someone to move for Eze? They cant really lose Eze, Guehi and Olise in the same window. Imagine we lost Isak, Bruno and Gordon in the same window the fans would go mental.

If Eze doesnt move then we get Guehi?

Oscar Bobb broken leg, I think this push Eze to City? 

26 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

We would need a new manager as well.

If we dont get into Europe then its a bad season so Howe would have to go imo. Squad wise we are as good as everyone outside the top 3 last year but have less games this year. We also have the 2 best players out of any of those teams.

Just now, TRC said:

If we dont get into Europe then its a bad season so Howe would have to go imo. Squad wise we are as good as everyone outside the top 3 last year but have less games this year. We also have the 2 best players out of any of those teams.

I'm sure he means that if we lost all those three players then Howe would fuck off.  However, none of that is happening at all.