Marc Guehi

gdm

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Don't think Eze staying or going will affect a deal for Guehi. Anderson on the other hand...

They would be losing their 3 best players in one summer, for a club who werent relegated or have money problems I cant think when that has happened before?

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Wasn't it Douglas who said this transfer window would be "transformative"

It's been utterly crap up to now if we're honest.

Obviously I'll reserve judgement until it closes.

Tbf, he didn't say it would be in a good way :lol:

16 minutes ago, TRC said:

They would be losing their 3 best players in one summer, for a club who werent relegated or have money problems I cant think when that has happened before?

I think if the money was right for all three, they'd flog them all.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think if the money was right for all three, they'd flog them all.

Maybe but that is a rough sell to the fans and Glasner.

I’m fine with Schar burn Kelly Jamal as our CB depth. Hope botman is back in the winter and can stay fit. I don’t see 60m or this delay worth it. I’d be happy with a top level RW and maybe a young CB from another league. I like Guehi a lot but this is just getting ridiculous. Season starts on the weekend. Let them keep Guehi. I don’t see a 30m difference between him and some of the CB we can get elsewhere. The euros did his stock a ton of good but I think I’m over it. 

Just now, Sufi said:

I’m fine with Schar burn Kelly Jamal as our CB depth. Hope botman is back in the winter and can stay fit. I don’t see 60m or this delay worth it. I’d be happy with a top level RW and maybe a young CB from another league. I like Guehi a lot but this is just getting ridiculous. Season starts on the weekend. Let them keep Guehi. I don’t see a 30m difference between him and some of the CB we can get elsewhere. The euros did his stock a ton of good but I think I’m over it. 

Lascelles is out longer than Botman

Unless you fancy lewis playing there..

Just now, Sufi said:

We are starting the season with only 3 of those though

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Quite a few Palace fans keen to cash in at our latest offer. It's an enormous offer for a CB.

Yeah but talksport told Parish to take us to the cleaners

22 minutes ago, jack j said:

Lascelles is out longer than Botman

Unless you fancy lewis playing there..

Shit completely forgot lascelles is out that long. Fuckery. I am more urgent about CB now but not 60m on Guehi urgent. Especially not if we have to wait until the end of the window and risk him not coming or being sniped by another club and we’ve spent all this time waiting on it with little time to go in for another. I guess I will just have to trust that we have a backup plan Incase that happens 

It’s very likely Kelly will pick up some kind of injury that’s keep him out for some time if recent trends continue? Also I’d be amazed if Schar gets through a whole season again only missing a few games. We absolutely need another centerback.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Southampton? Maybe not in one window, though…. Surprised Wharton hasn’t been approached either. Wonder if Liverpool will have a poke around. Man City linked too.

Not sure if I'd take him at this price point, but if we had a player pushing for a transfer then I'm sure many here would be talking about how good the money is and that we can easily do without. It's just a way of trying to cope or staying positive, even if a "bad" thing happens. I see it a lot in here, where every outcome is allways made to be a positive one in every situation. So I wouldn't really put too much weight into what Palace fans are saying. I recall Everton fans laughing about £45m for Gordon. Again, they were trying to cope and to turn it into a positive.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Yeah, disappointed we’re unlikely to get it done based off their owners antics.

Don’t understand how anyone can criticize Palace for trying to maximize the fee. It’s part of the game. If we wanted this done quietly we would have to fork up £70m. We are pushing Palace, they are pushing back.