Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

My understanding is he is now likely to stay at Palace and sign a new contract with a release clause. He expected other clubs to be in for him.

He is happy at Palace but wants Champions League level football. Newcastle seen as a sideways move with more downside than upside. A release clause in a new contract gets him financial security and the freedom to move if the right club comes in for him. (Eze and Olise in same position at Palace)

Mitchell messed up with his nonsensical low balls. 70 million 3 weeks ago and he would be wearing black and white now

If I was him I’d be making sure that release clause is no higher than £60m.

5 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

My understanding is he is now likely to stay at Palace and sign a new contract with a release clause. He expected other clubs to be in for him.

He is happy at Palace but wants Champions League level football. Newcastle seen as a sideways move with more downside than upside. A release clause in a new contract gets him financial security and the freedom to move if the right club comes in for him. (Eze and Olise in same position at Palace)

Mitchell messed up with his nonsensical low balls. 70 million 3 weeks ago and he would be wearing black and white now

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Why would it be? He either signs a new deal on more money with a release clause or he goes next summer to a club like Liverpool who are currently a step ahead of us. 

Because he clearly wants to come here. There's no way we're at the negotiating table this long unless he's really desperate to come but is too much of a good lad to put in a transfer request. He has a chance to come work with a manager who loves him and who improves players, that will be massive for him. A year down the line and who knows who'll be in for him. Yes, Liverpool are ahead of us right now but we're clearly going to be a force in the years ahead even if you think the financial situation will constrain us

Sideways move [emoji38] It wouldn't have even been a sideways move if we were still owned by Mike Ashley .

Fair enough if you've stuck to the £70 million valuation.

Wouldn't call £65 million a low ball offer though :lol:

Can't lie, if this is all accurate, I'm glad we didn't go that high!

Really like Guehi, but my goodness, there's other really good centre backs out there for half of that.

Just now, gbandit said:

Because he clearly wants to come here. There's no way we're at the negotiating table this long unless he's really desperate to come but is too much of a good lad to put in a transfer request. He has a chance to come work with a manager who loves him and who improves players, that will be massive for him. A year down the line and who knows who'll be in for him. Yes, Liverpool are ahead of us right now but we're clearly going to be a force in the years ahead even if you think the financial situation will constrain us

Supposedly he does but I’m sure he’d feel the same if one of the sky six called as well. 

Unless something changes which is earth shaking I’m not sure how we get past the glass ceiling of psr tbh, but that’s discussion for another thread :lol:

Just now, gbandit said:

Guehi genuinely seems like a good lad, but I'm not sure his not putting in a request is evidence of that. Had he put in a request, Palace would have had zero leverage, and he would have been offloaded by now. To me it feels like he'd be happy to come to us, but perhaps he wants to try his luck and see if he can land at a Liverpool or a cartel 6 in the winter/next summer, and so isn't willing to rock the boat too hard...

10 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Worrying.

That’s a percentages ball into the box.

Sort of thing I expect from Edward’s, as if he does stay a new contract with a release clause at about 55-60m suits both player and Palace so is pretty likely.

The player doubles or trebles his salary and has an exit price clubs he wants to join will pay

Club protect their asset, the extra salary is worth it as with one year left on a contract bids would start at 30m.

I can do the same trick, my understanding is Isak gets a new contract offer in January 

Edited by WilliamPS

I just think he would have been up for the move, but only if we agreed the fee.

He was never going to force the issue. 

I really like that the timing of this being off is coinciding with the Simakan news.

I'll be over the moon man!

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I just don't think there's any scenario where we keep going back for him unless he really wants to come. It makes zero sense to have pursued him like this unless he really wants the move

Not saying he doesn’t want to come, I’m sure he does. But he wont suffer by staying another year at palace mind. He then goes next summer for say 40m, doubles his wage at least with a release clause or runs it down and the sky’s the limit he will have suitors all over Europe if he’s free. 

15 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Excellent bait in all fairness :lol:

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

“Sideways move” is wild :lol: .

If the deal has been called off, it's exactly what you'd expect to come out from Palace and Guehi's reps side.

You'd also fully expect Palace to offer him a new contract to compensate for the increase he would have gotten with a move, but add a release clause to allow him to move later.

It's exactly what they did with Olise last summer, when Chelsea's approach fell through.

19 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Obviously not if he wants CL football and there’s more downsides to a move to Newcastle than staying at Palace. 

5 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

:lol: Think I'm going to start using this sideways-ing tactic in the real world. 

"Babe, I had a chance to get with Sydney Sweeney, but It'd have been a sideways move"

Husband points for days :lol:

Edit: If this was @cubaricho I was responding to he'd probably believe it tbh :lol:

24 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

karl pilkington bullshit GIF