Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Honestly some people need to switch off and have a lie down.

Yeah let’s sack the manager as he asked for a certain defender who ended up being too expensive.

But we cant effored buying all the players Howe want and instead he rather goes with players like Krafth. Its crazy.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I totally get this opinion. However…

Would you rather back EH & the current squad during a season without European distractions and get the RCB & RW we WANT next summer without selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon and hope we get top 4-6.

Or…

Would you want that RCB & RW this summer and have a greater chance of making top 4 and winning a cup you’d think BUT regardless if you do achieve it or you don’t you MUST lose two of Bruno/Isak/Gordon to pay for them albeit 12 months down the line so possibly being even worse off?

That is the possible dilemma this window seems to be posing that not enough on here are understanding. Transformative can be achieved in so many ways. Don’t equate it only to spending big this window like most of you are.

How many transfer windows does it take to get the players we want?

We've had 6 windows to get a half decent winger in and still not managed it.

The RW we wanted was Michael Olise, we didn't get him.

The CB we wanted was Marc Guehi, we didn't get him.

Who's to say next year we won't get them again.

It's embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

How many transfer windows does it take to get the players we want?

We've had 6 windows to get a half decent winger in and still not managed it.

The RW we wanted was Michael Olise, we didn't get him.

The CB we wanted was Marc Guehi, we didn't get him.

It's embarrassing.

In previous windows we had other priorities, other targets and made other signings. 

We’re rebuilding a club and squad that was run on a shoestring for 15 years. 

It’s a disappointing window and admittedly I don’t understand what went on. But it’s not toys out of the pram territory. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

Was just about to ask this too. What if we don’t get him in January? What if Liverpool or another club come in for him next summer do we just go with no one again? 

football is littered with stories of missed transfers. Suck it up and move on.

Also what was all that shite about Thiaw for 2 months if Guehi was top target. Which again, wouldn’t even be in the conversation had Tosin chose us. 

I don’t get this at all 

To be entirely fair to Hope, I don’t think Howe being obstinate as fuck and insisting on Guehi is far from the truth.

He obviously had his nose put out by Mitchell’s arrival/Staveley’s exit. You can definitely see him trying to flex his muscles.

Just now, christ said:

To be entirely fair to Hope, I don’t think Howe being obstinate as fuck and insisting on Guehi is far from the truth.

He obviously had his nose put out by Mitchell’s arrival/Staveley’s exit. You can definitely see him trying to flex his muscles.

I wish you had any evidence for this. 

Even if there is a change in the organisation and a difference in approaches, they’re both professionals and I would hope it’ll be resolved and come up with a joint shortlist for the future. That’s how most clubs work.  

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Palace and Parish are famous for this, it's not them who are unprofessional if you bank the house on their word. 

If you would be so kind as to show me some previous examples of them doing that, just for clarity. As I sometimes see that said but I've never really noticed it before. I don't take too much notice of a club like Palace's transfers to be fair, just the names of the players.

Obviously, if there is some that'll be fair enough.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wish you had any evidence for this. 

Even if there is a change in the organisation and a difference in approaches, they’re both professionals and I would hope it’ll be resolved and come up with a joint shortlist for the future. That’s how most clubs work.  

They’ve had two months to come up with something, anything that isn’t Will Osula & Marc Guehi 

Can’t even sell one of our many keepers 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s always been the top priority since the takeover? 

Absolutely, look at this squad for the Wolves game just before the takeover, can't you see RW was the absolute priority that needed solving:

31a80b454a581b42d1c5923c93fa169e.png

Just now, 54 said:

Absolutely, look at this squad for the Wolves game just before the takeover, can't you see RW was the absolute priority that needed solving:

31a80b454a581b42d1c5923c93fa169e.png

It just doesn’t make sense to me that people expect every problem to have been sorted. I don’t think any squad in the league has no weaknesses, except maybe Man City. 

We were in diabolical shape. 

Of course we should improve every year and it’s a shame if we don’t. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not very long in transfer planning. The plans for this window would’ve been in place well before Mitchell arrived, I would imagine. 

So that plan consisted of what? Marc Gueh? I’m not blaming Mitchell. Whoever’s plan it was it has failed 

Edited by gdm

42 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

If the measure of progress is based solely on how we've done it via the market only, which is seemingly your definition, then no we probably haven't.

If the measure of progress is, 'is the squad is stronger than it was last year?' then my argument is it is. 

Both can't be true. 

They're not two seperate statements. The transfer window has been poor and we're weaker.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It just doesn’t make sense to me that people expect every problem to have been sorted. I don’t think any squad in the league has no weaknesses, except maybe Man City. 

We were in diabolical shape. 

Of course we should improve every year and it’s a shame if we don’t. 

We’ve been told constantly all summer the club identified 2 positions to strengthen CH & RW. They’ve strengthened neither. It’s nothing short of failure of the clubs own supposed plans 

Edited by gdm

12 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I’d be more confident of Howe staying than Mitchell if it was one or the other who was chopped in near future due to tensions. Howe effectively would need to be languishing mid table to be under threat, as owners not stupid IMO and know how much backing Howe has and that goes a long way to keeping eyes off ownership. 

Pleased you are. Yes we've a decent start, but the performances have been shocking. Howe is great and has built a lot of goodwill, but it will be this season that shows whether he can truly hack being a manager of a team that has ambitions to be in Europe every season.

He's retained a lot of support (mine included), but can see it running out quickly if we're not comfortably top 7 by Jan

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

We’ve been told constantly all summer the club identified 2 positions to strengthen CH & RW. They’ve strengthened neither. It’s nothing short of failure of the clubs own supposed plans 

I agree, I wasn’t arguing that it’s a good window. Clearly it isn’t (at the moment). 

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I get the impression (and yes I’ve asked again) that this STILL isn’t over by the way 🙄.  I asked if we’ve pulled out / if it’s over, and was just told “no”.

Its all part of the brinksmanship I think, although I do think we’ll have other irons in fires too.

Wouldn't be the biggest shock to see a compromise reached tomorrow.