Marc Guehi

gdm

9 minutes ago, ECP123 said:

A message to the deluded Newcastle fans…

Premier League Football GIF by CPFC

I think most of us are quite happy to walk away at the prices quoted. He's good, but not life-changing good.

He will leave next summer, to us or somebody else. As ever, your club will remain a stepping stone. I have no ill will towards Parish - I'd hope our owner would do the same.

Great start of the season for you boys, though. 

Not bothered about not signing him in particular, it was a lot of money for a CB who has some limitations. I don't think we're in that desperate a need of another CB this season, it would have be useful but not essential. I'm more bothered that we haven't strengthened at RW.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh, so you want to go back for more humiliation? :lol:

If he continues his stance on not signing a new contract, they’ll have more pressure on them.

Might be influenced by their position in the league (good or bad) like, but we’ll see.

Once the numbers mentioned moved from expensive to extortionate and unrealistic we should have passed.

Parish will be getting a one-off reach-around from Brexit Jim when he goes for his quarterly Cartel buttfucking after the next PL owners meeting.

I simply refuse to believe we live in a world where there aren't a plethora of alternatives to spending nearly 70m on Guehi. 

Not a dig on Guehi, just simply unfathomable there aren't at least two dozen alternatives within that price bracket. I don't buy it. By I guess neither will the club.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

If he continues his stance on not signing a new contract, they’ll have more pressure on them.

Might be influenced by their position in the league (good or bad) like, but we’ll see.

If he doesn't sign a contract, which I think he will, other clubs will start getting involved from January.

We'll go from getting mugged off by Parish, to getting mugged off by Liverpool or Chelsea. 

Think I'm over this mess, personally.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Guehi is probably telling Palace he’s happy to stay, while his agent is telling us he wants to come here. Again though, if this is the case we should be able see through it.

We went through the same shit with Ekiteke only with different people leading the negotiations then. Quite surprising how easy we are to lead up the garden path.