Newcastle United 1-0 Southampton (17/08/24)

Disco

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Also, winning like that, where you feel massively aggrieved, is fucking class.

The diving twat missing a sitter too. The fucking schadenfreude 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Joelinton for me

Yeah I had to choose between those two. Joe was magnificent and the goal was a really great touch and finish. Gave it to Burn because he was over employed today and almost every Southampton shot seemed to go off him for a corner or be headed away by him. Close call.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fucking take that you cheating horrible nothing club from Tory land who's only club legend is now on Twitter sucking Alex Jones’ fermented cheese encrusted cock (the fat American one).

90l5nh.jpg

Some takeaways from that game. The midfield of Bruno and Joelinton makes me hard as a cats head. Joelinton was a man mountain. Burn put in a great shift. Gordon's head was up his arse in the first half but gradually came back into the game - nowhere near his best though. Not a good day for Lewis Hall at all but he's young and clearly has potential. 

Brereton Diaz deserves leprosy. Craig Pawson's wife is clearly getting rattled by a Geordie. 

Last thing - Bruno showed his quality as captain today. Gee'd the crowd up, made some really vital interceptions, was a bit of a cunt with the niggly fouls when needed - just really showed his experience. I love him in a very confusing way sexually. 

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'd imagine Kelly will start at left back going forward. I like Hall but he didn't do himself many favours there, he had some good moments (clearance off the line) but made some proper dodgy decisions with his passing out in the second half when we were up against it. 

Kelly coming on killed the game off.  

He'll be a CB for the next 3 at least

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Nothing like our beloved Newcastle United to get the blood flowing again after the summer. They should give valium out at the club shop . 

Sell it and we'd never have to worry about PSR again. 

Preferred watching last season's opener but it feels good to be able to win a game of that nature against shitters like that. Rather hilariously I think Diaz fucked them in the end because they looked up for it 11 v 11. Once we were down to 10 we scored and quite easily held on because they didn't have a plan for that.

Edited by Bunk Moreland

8 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Sounded like we were easily the better team on the day and ground out the necessary result after being reduced to ten men, like you'd expect of any top end team.

Not really, we were really poor in possession all game. Impressive defending and spirit though but nothing about that was easy.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

After last season, nice to start with a clean sheet as well, missed the second half, how was it ?

Nervy, but we defended really well, couldn't keep hold of the ball, so it was just back to the wall, they had the odd chance as they would do given the circumstances, but we fought and ground out the win. Even if it wasn't pretty in the slightest.