Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

We could make 8-9 changes and still play a pretty strong looking team. Without meaning to sound arrogant. Especially when you consider the level of opposition. We‘ll ignore the Cambridge game……

Dubravka

Tino

Schar/Krafth

Kelly

Hall

Longstaff

Willock

Joelinton/Tonali

Murphy

Osula

Almiron

Sheff Wed - while obviously a big club, but a big club in the doldrums - were third tier as well.

It is a trophy and we should take as few chances with it as possible

Feel really sorry for Targett like. If his eczema is that bad that it’s keeping him out of a match then it must be really bad. He’s had a shocker for well over a year now. Hope his luck turns 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sheff Wed - while obviously a big club, but a big club in the doldrums - were third tier as well.

It is a trophy and we should take as few chances with it as possible

They were up the top end of League One and at home and were knocking on the door to get back into the Champ.  

These are in League Two and have a shoestring budget probably even compared to Sheff Wed, I would have thought. 

We are playing at home and a lot of the players I’ve listed have been first team regulars over the last season or two. It’s not like people in here are suggesting we play the stiffs or rotating when we don’t have any depth.

We have a decent enough bit of squad depth for a change currently and no injury crisis. So it would be good to see some players we may need down the line. Get some minutes and match fitness. 

I'd like to see something like;

Dubravka, Tino, Krafth, Kelly, A. Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Bruno, Almirón, Osula, Sanusi

Would rest Bruno but Tonali was blowing at the end of the game yesterday and we are totally incapable of winning matches without Bruno starting. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, nemtizz said:

I can't ever recall Bruno being rested since he joined us. He'll start.

He was rested in the last round

Then Joe Willock knacked himself early on

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

He was rested in the last round

Then Joe Willock knacked himself early on

Was rested against Man City last year in this cup as well, came on at half time i think.

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Doesn't count because he's been bought on to rescue us.

Quite, although we weren't losing, that would be a fair assessment.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

does carabao cup get included in suspensions?

may be Big Jow should have kicked a ball away and got a second yellow vs citeh.

It did for Trossard last week. 

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Not sure I’d have fancied us playing against them with 10, even just for a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Think that just means both yellows get deleted i.e. he's still on three after the red card ban. It only really works in your favour if you're on the verge of the 'reset button' when an extra five potential yellows get added on before a ban, like with Bruno last season.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd like to see something like;

Dubravka, Tino, Krafth, Kelly, A. Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Bruno, Almirón, Osula, Sanusi

Would rest Bruno but Tonali was blowing at the end of the game yesterday and we are totally incapable of winning matches without Bruno starting. :lol:

Like that and while I think that team should be capable of a win, I also know that if we start that team we will definitely not win. :lol:

Dubs

Tino - Schar - Kelly - Targett (Burn & Kelly if Targett isn't fit to play)

Longstaff - Tonali - Willock (Tonali & Bruno one half each)

Murphy - Osula - Sanusi

Should be good enough to beat Wimbledon comfortably. If we're struggling, we'll have plenty of options on the bench to turn things around while keeping our best players fresh for Everton.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’ll have to play this game.

Yeah don't know why Eddie is even saying there's a decision to make. We don't have any fit strikers other than Osula, Gordon should probably be rested anyway and wrapped in cotton wool for Everton.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah don't know why Eddie is even saying there's a decision to make. We don't have any fit strikers other than Osula, Gordon should probably be rested anyway and wrapped in cotton wool for Everton.

To keep Wimbledon guessing id imagine. Why show your hand. Might also think Gordon having a chance to score a goal or two will help him also.