Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 01/09/24 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I would love to see Sandro start this one. 

We all know Howe will go with Longstaff though. 

Its the right call though to be fair, given Sandro was blowing by the 35th minute yesterday.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Its the right call though to be fair, given Sandro was blowing by the 35th minute yesterday.

Thought so at first but I think he got some sort of punch/knock. Looked fresh  again shortly after. 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Some big calls for Howe here. A few pick themselves but feels fairly open competition for a number of positions depending on the gameplan.

• Hall/Kelly
  • Tino/Tripps
  • Sean/Sandro
  • Starting Barnes and Gordon together (plz, for the love of God)

Tino/Tripps will be a close one, given Tino and Barnes linked up very well yesterday.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Some big calls for Howe here. A few pick themselves but feels fairly open competition for a number of positions depending on the gameplan.

• Hall/Kelly
  • Tino/Tripps
  • Sean/Sandro
  • Starting Barnes and Gordon together (plz, for the love of God)

Hall (stick with him. Risky but he needs to grow) 

Tripps

Sandro

Yes please

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's got some making up to do with the fans, but that seems excessive. 

My main concern for Barnes at RW was that you take away his goal threat, so it was nice to see last night that playing RW on another day he could have had two goals - the one blocked and the nice move with Tino. Also, you can rotate them to give him that chance to play LW and do his usual. 

4 minutes ago, Vaj said:

My main concern for Barnes at RW was that you take away his goal threat, so it was nice to see last night that playing RW on another day he could have had two goals - the one blocked and the nice move with Tino. Also, you can rotate them to give him that chance to play LW and do his usual. 

This - rotate them 

I actually like Barnes at RW more than Gordon - it’s the goal threat that he has 

In fluid counterattacks it matters less which one is where, the important thing is they're both on. They could both equally end up giving or on the end of the final pass. 

When the opposition is set I guess they're both better on the left, but I think we'll just have to wear that in order not to play Murphy. 

Thought Miggy was very sharp last night FWIW.

2 hours ago, Vaj said:

Yeah probably. Just hoping that he has seen enough of Gordon and Barnes on the wings and how they have both done well on the right to give it a bash and rotate the two in game

Yeah I was impressed with Barnes last night and clearly the 2 are better than having Murphy on

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I think Howe will go:

Pope

Tino

Krafth 

Burn

Kelly 

Longstaff 

Bruno

Joelinton 

Murphy

Isak

Gordon

Just imagine the noise when Sandro gets subbed on. 

I’m going to this one, cannot wait for the reception. Hope Wor Flags has something planned for him.