Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 01/09/24 @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If Barnes isn’t RW I’d prefer Miggy to Murphy and use Trips/Tino for the width. I’d go Trips as I think the team needs his on pitch leadership, especially the back four.

I think we’ll see Longstaff starting with Tonali off the bench, but if Tonali is ready I’d stick him in, Howe will have taken a view there.

I'd imagine Howe will tell the players in no uncertain terms that the disappointment of the transfer window can't be an excuse to feel sorry for themselves, to get out there and show everyone that we're a fucking good team as is.

Worry a bit about the early Sunday kickoff meaning the atmosphere will be flat as a witch's tit, but Spurs tend to drop their arses in this fixture and Ange's style means there'll be plenty space for Isak, Gordon etc.

3-1 win.

Given how much we’ve looked second best against lesser opposition im not too confident about today. Anything can happen though. 

Will go for an optimistic 2-0 but wouldn’t be surprised to get a hiding. 

Really nervous about this game. Could really kick start our season but with everything that's gone on last few days, it could add to our woes.

Come on lads, home win.

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

That's the spirit! 

I can’t muster up a positive result. I wish I could. I just don’t see it.

Rather post the truth instead of using rose tinted glasses for this one.

Would love to hammer them. But how we have played so far this season. I can’t fathom out how we are going to beat them.

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I can’t muster up a positive result. I wish I could. I just don’t see it.

Rather post the truth instead of using rose tinted glasses for this one.

Would love to hammer them. But how we have played so far this season. I can’t fathom out how we are going to beat them.

The betting companies who do this for a living think its going to be an even game. The truth is that you are being overly pessimistic.

11 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Krafth and Burn as the two CBs makes me think we'll not win this.

This for me, neither are particularly good with the ball and playing it out from the back. This could be a frustrating watch yet again. Going for a 3-1 loss, sorry.

10 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Am I right thinking if we win tomorrow 4-0 and Liverpool draw then we go 2nd?

I know it's early days but would be nice to be right at that end of the table as soon as possible.

I never bother looking at the table until around the end of September tbh.  Doesn’t mean owt at this stage. 

I'm hoping that the first game back at SJP for Tonali will ensure a good atmosphere early on. If our intensity is back that should keep it going.

I'd be tempted to get Kelly in at CB, he's shown much more quality on the ball than Burn or Krafth but I can't see Howe going for it. I'd also go Gordon-Isak-Barnes as a front three but again I'm not expecting it.

We have to come out of this with some positives. If we play well and come up short, it's something to build on. Three points will see us 4th (for a couple of hours anyway) and hopefully build some confidence. 

3-1 win today. They'll probably dominate the ball, but the high line is there to exploite. They really struggled last season up here with Son at CF. Great player but struggles to hold onto the ball.