Newcastle United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur (01/09/24) | Reaction: pg 48 | Goal posts: OP

Yorkie

Think we just need to build our confidence, not sure if last season has knocked a few players but we seemed to wake up after the second goal. The quality is there, just massively inconsistent.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Fuck knows how we won that - I’m going to pin it down to Spurs being absolutely fucking useless; it took an unnecessary OG for them to even score.

I love a thoroughly undeserved win, though :) 

You only deserve what you get sans horrific refereeing decisions, Spurs are pure trapped gas.

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Our best manager since SBR has a strategy that works. Imagine that. 
Fourth in the league. Aye. We’re shite. 
Pat Nevin, who is better qualified to comment than any of the fucking she heads on here reckons Gordon was brilliant. 
food for though there, fannies. 

We’re not shite at all - we’re a good side with a good manager - but that was a shite performance.   We rode our luck there. 

Roflham Lolspurs  :joelinton:

Undeserved win but we desperately needed that to take some of the heat off. Hopefully the big boss has dished out his o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ bollockings and we can move forward. 

International break has come at a good time. Hopefully get Willock back, get Schar back, reset and start again. Been a rocky start to the season but 3 wins out of 4, that's what good teams do 

So grateful for 3 points.

Grinding out results while being so disjointed and sloppy is something to be admired.

But my goodness we are a tough and frustrating watch at the minute.

What a start to the season. 7 points and through in the cup.

However, we could easily of been out the cup and on 0 points with the way we have played. Hopefully we will see some

performances to match the results

Results wise a great start to the season. Performances so and so to say the least. But I’ll take it. This result should give us some harmony and Eddie will have us looking better after the international break which I for once think comes at a good time for us. 

Talk about a smash and grab win! Another 'not good performance;, but we get the win - somehow. Thought we defended manfully at times - backs to the wall, with Pope being terrific. :thup: However, midfield were off the pace and Anthony Gordon was probably the worst player on the pitch. :(

Perhaps the sign of a good team - getting wins when not playing well?

That was such and undeserved win, and Spurs on another day win that comfortably, especially if they had Solake playing, but that is such a huge result, carries on our good form, and more importantly hopefully changes the narrative and tune of everything about the club due to the transfer window. 

3 Games, 2 Wins (One against a European contender), 1 Draw, and through in the League Cup before the first International break, even if we're yet to get up to full speed, and the performances have been ropey, you absolutely take that. 

I feckin loved that, i know we need more quality, we need to be much better, but that win showed character, determination, grit and I'm so proud of that win, despite our failings being there for all to see.

Take it. We were pretty bad. But you always notice how many blocked shots, big challenges, recovery runs etc that we make as a team. Not been good enough tactics and control wise this season. But they’re running through brick walls for the club and manager. Which is a big positive, at least.

Not played well. Yet through into the next round of the cup and 7/9 in the league. Plenty to build on.

Honestly, the character of this team.

And thank God for that bunch of wet wipes Spurs. Fancy not getting the job done when we were rattled. Endlessly powderpuff under that melt in the dugout.

Seen enough games where we deserved more than we got to not give a shit about the tiny percentage of times we get more than we deserve.

There's always stuff to work on.

Edited by Wolfcastle