Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: quick flick through the thread. Sigh, enjoy the misery, those of you. 

We were good tonight, just snatched at every single big chance, which is very annoying. 

Everton had their chance because of course they did; PL teams always get a chance. We were by a country mile the better team there. 

Point on the road, take it and move on. 

Tldr; PATHETIC!!!

Some fucking sense

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah it’s mental that those two are our right wingers this far into the takeover. Wilson needs moving on too, his injury record is beyond a joke now (caveat - I kind of understand why with PSR we kept hold of him this season as a number, has to go end of this season)

Yeah we are all frustrated with that but Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. 

Back in the day before PSR we would have bought everybody under the sun. Now we can't do that. 

Yes the summer was disappointing but with several key management positions yo-yoing, I'm not surprised. 

P.s. Osula will come good..give it time. 

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

:lol: aye, you go and toss yourself off into a frenzy about one point away to an absolutely shit rag tag relegation fodder outfit. It's a shit result and if you think the negative reaction isn't justified, you're mental.

You're always like this though Pilko :lol:

Just now, Yorkie said:

Pilko, it takes absolutely nowt for you to leap to everything being way worse than it is. Just chill out, man. :lol:

It's a poxy result because Everton are crap but Goodison is usually a nightmare for us. A point and a good performance is never a disaster on the road, let alone there. 

Nah, I don't agree. They were absolutely there for the taking and we could still be out there now and wouldn't have scored. We can't be satisfied with that result. I don't think we played awfully but the result I think is incredibly underwhelming.

My frustration on this one is mostly directed at the summer recruitment tbh, the really obvious issues we've seen for a year or two weren't addressed. If we have a proper striker playing there, we win that game.

Ana they’re fucking shit but that’s by far the best we’ve played away from home all season. Not sure what was poor about it? Poor penalty and finish from Gordon. If Isak plays we likely comfortably win. 

We played really well and some of the best football we’ve played in a long time. Two good performances (in the league) off the bounce now. Might not have the points but I’m much more encouraged by this point compared to Bournemouth in August. 

FWIW Both things can correct, it can be a decent performance, with signs of us getting back to our best, and it can also be a poor result overall. 

Even if personally i'll never grumble about a point on the road, my default before any away game (Unless against a utter trash team like Sheffield United) is "Take a point". 

I think what this game does highlight is that we're very poor at putting teams to the sword when we're in control of a game. 

We're over-reliant on a moment of magic to win us games when we're on top. It feels like almost all of our goals this season have come from either a "moment" or a sudden transition, rather than breaking through teams with clever patterns of play in and around the box. 

We should be incredibly easy to play against really, just overload the defence and counter attack against us. 

I’m struggling with those who thought we played well. Everton sat back, allowed us time on the ball and we created very little.

We were far too slow with ball across the middle and just didn’t get at their back 4 who are dog awful.

Bruno and Tonali should be destroying an opposition like that.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

One thing I will say, our set pieces are more of an advantage to the opposition than us. Absolutely dire and whoever is responsible for them needs a talking to.

Season before last I think it was we were very creative with set pieces especially our corners. Always looking to catch teams out and it felt as though you never knew what trick we had up our sleeve next.

Strange that all that had disappeared, with hardly any pre worked routines now and just mostly punt it in the box.

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Both were poor. Murphy with his usual dross and Barnes playing down to Everton's level neither can complain about being given the crook.

Barnes is our game winner keep him on he finishes like a proper striker. 

It feels like 2 points dropped. 100%. But we finally played pretty well. People want to ignore how much luck/variance is involved. 

The Bruno chance, Ndiaye has no clue what happens. That is 1-0 most days of the week. Gordon’s awful penalty. What’s that, a 75% chance of a goal. 

I have complaints about the performance. But context is also important. Result aside. I think that is actually a positive performance going into the international break.  

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

I’m struggling with those who thought we played well. Everton sat back, allowed us time on the ball and we created very little.

We were far too slow with ball across the middle and just didn’t get at their back 4 who are dog awful.

Bruno and Tonali should be destroying an opposition like that.

I’m amazed how many fail to see this. 

I actually thought our general play was the best it's been away all season. Albeit against a shite side.

It was the final ball and finishing that was poor.

Not having a striker has cost us though. That's the top and bottom of it and that lies with those incharge of our transfer business - whoever that may be. 

Going into the season relying on Isak, who's injury record is patchy at best and Callum Wilson who is a complete and utter waste of time is ridiculous and it's come back to bite us. That's without considering the time wasted trying to pay 70m for Guehi, who's looked woeful all season.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Ana they’re fucking shit but that’s by far the best we’ve played away from home all season. Not sure what was poor about it? Poor penalty and finish from Gordon. If Isak plays we likely comfortably win. 

We played really well and some of the best football we’ve played in a long time. Two good performances (in the league) off the bounce now. Might not have the points but I’m much more encouraged by this point compared to Bournemouth in August. 

I agree, but it’s frustrating because the issues fans can see, have lead to us not winning today.

A striker and Wilson shipped out in the summer, and we would have had better chances, and possibly a goal.

A RW and we create more chances, especially in the first half when Murphy was hiding.

Fuck it, we’ll beat them on the final day, get into Europe, and relegate them.

Just now, Ikon said:

Everton really gave us tons of space and time on the ball. 

But they barely had a sniff. They wanted transitions/direct balls but they didn't get them as we controlled the space well. Other games this season, we've had 60% possession but allowed lots of big chances through poor shape and losing out on duels far too easily.