Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

"He's not that kind of lad"

Whilst the cameras show that, actually, he clearly fucking is.

I have never been so infuriated by something like that as with the mcmanaman incident and the shit that spewed from Martinez and Whelans mouth I don't give a shit about mcmanaman anymore but do rather hope Martinez fails miserably in everything he does

"He's not that kind of lad"

Whilst the cameras show that, actually, he clearly fucking is.

:clap: This was obviously the repsonse when that cunt McManaman took out Haidara. Then we saw footage of a similar tackle in a reserve game.

If they're "not that kind of lad" they wouldn't do it full stop.

I really want to wear gloves at 7 a-side but I'd be mocked mercilessly.

I wear them pretty much all year round. Usually just because it is always freezing here. Mind last summer it creeped above 15 degrees and I nearly fainted.

• 2 weeks later...

that recurrent 'winning ugly when needed is the hallmark of a very good/great/proper' team shit that is trotted out every time one of the current lot of league leaders wins ugly, which lets face is mostly as what seems to have escaped the media is that the current crop of title challengers are all rather shit to watch. Arsenal are probably the best to watch but they are are also not very good. Winning while playing badly may be the hallmark of a great team but it's also the hallmark of a shit team. (comparatively of course)

Our fans booing opposition fans for not joining in with the 17th minute applause.

Aye, I've noticed that over the past couple months as well. Seem to be focusing more on what the opposition fans are doing rather than acknowledging what we're really applauding for.

Bit harsh that like. Certainly gives me a reminder every match that there's things more important than the bollocks on display. It's a canny gesture for the two lads. Obviously if it goes on for donkeys becomes fairly meaningless.

My current footballing Pet Hate is that I still give so much of a fuck. Losing still hurts far too much for a man of my advancing years. This is not healthy.

Well the alternative is crushing apathy like we've got. I would embrace it if I was you.

Away goals.

Ridiculous rule.

one thing I do rather like is the way the league cup does it with the away goal rule coming into effect in extra time, its a good way to negate home advantage

I hate that more to be honest, it's just a ploy of preventing games being finished by penalties.

I just do not understand how you could scrap for your lives and secure a 1-0 win away at Barca, only to lose 8-7 at home and be tossed out of the cup because of it.

The Arsenal game last night for example; Arsenal were sh*t in the first leg, Monaco were sh*t in the second leg - surely that should be decided by ET and penalties.