Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Because I'm a miserable cunt...

Transfer season specials:

Hilarious Wikipedia page updates

'Welcome to...' comments on a players' YouTube highlights, extra points if the team hasn't even been linked with the player

'Sign him/sell him for £xx and a 10p Chomp/packet of crisps'

'Have we signed this cunt yet?'

'Welcome to...' comments on a players' YouTube highlights, extra points if the team hasn't even been linked with the player

:thup: Especially the wiki edits.

Don't forget "can he play *insert different position we need players in the most*?"

• 2 weeks later...

Commentators (actually it's more often the Co-Commentator) when an older player does something good and they say something like, "That's the vast experience of him showing there!" when in fact it's got nothing to do with experience it's just a good bit of play.  They do the same when a young player goes something shit and they put it down to naivety.

Blind trust of the opinions of other teams' supporters, especially re: potential transfers. The average football supporter is a fucking moron.

If its just one fan, aye. If it's lots of them then I'd be inclined to trust them more than pretty much anyone else who has an opinion, although they still will be wrong at times

When people judge an entire league as shit just because everyone else says it is. The MLS, Chinese Super League and Erividsie are 3 great examples, yes they're not as good as the Prem/La Liga quality-wise but they're thoroughly entertaining

That absolute balls Premier League anthem, which dictates players have to walk out the tunnel so the ref can pick the ball of a plinth first. How contrived and utter garbage.

Used to like to see the players run out the tunnel into the pitch.

Stadium jackets and pre-match handshakes. Shake at the end like men.

Subs having to get dressed when called by the manager. Why don't they have their tops and shinies on ready. Is there some sort of marginal gain to be had by not doing so that I'm not aware of?!

Commentator towards the end of the Arsenal v Leicester game yesterday  "Don't forget that Tottenham and United don't get going until Sunday" referring to Manchester United.

What a cunt. Hope he dies.

:lol:

Decisions which nobody (including the referee and opposition players) see during real play but following slow motion replays, the foul is spotted and there is uproar about the officiating and how a team has been 'robbed'.

e.g. the Arsenal-Leicester game yesterday, with Ozil's handball.

TV justifying themselves. It's so fucking irritating like. I'm with you 100%

Decisions which nobody (including the referee and opposition players) see during real play but following slow motion replays, the foul is spotted and there is uproar about the officiating and how a team has been 'robbed'.

e.g. the Arsenal-Leicester game yesterday, with Ozil's handball.

Oh yeah that's fucking infuriating.

When it comes down to it if there is doubt in real time it's much better for the ref to give the benefit of the doubt and allow goals to stand and not break up the passage of play too much. I think there is room for video replays to clear up major issues in games, (albeit currently tested implementation seemed way clumsy) but agree totally minor incidents happen. If no-one spotted it during the match and if it wasn't deliberate foul play it feels petty.

Again crap analysis. Ian Wright on one of Huddersfields goals slating Tomkins  "He has got to get across" when there's another Huddersfield player coming in behind and if he comes across, like Wright says, and the ball gets played to the one in behind, Wright would then say "Tomkins came over for to early etc etc". It's bare basics and the screenshots prove they are talking crap.

Guest firetotheworks

I have to admit that a lot of the time it's the chemistry between Linekar, Shearer, and Wright that I enjoy. A great deal of the time in the analysis it's just say what you see.