Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Making your mind up on a player purely based on stats. :anguish:

I'm still waiting for Riviere to recreate his 12 goal a season form at Monaco tbh.

His regression to the mean is going to be amazing! Believe.

Guest firetotheworks

'Why doesn't very successful manager who's played 1 up front for his entire managerial career play 2 up front!?!?!'

As a criticism, fair enough. As a question or a suggestion, shut up and deal with it.

It's bordering on a pet hate at this point, the suggestion that we go 3 at the back. Only because it seems predicated on nothing more than us having lerds of CBs (and currently no players who've ever actually played as wing backs).

I'm no tactics fetishist but I'm fairly certain you require the entire team to play differently in a 3-back vs 4-back system, and it's not merely boiled down to "hoy on another CB and have at it."

Making your mind up on a player purely based on stats. :anguish:

Footy manager generation.

Aye, you know someone knows next to nothing about the game when they start bringing out aerial dual / chances created stats. SSN absolutely lives and breathes meaningless stats these days.

Players who kick the ball away from an opposition player, as if to waste time, despite the fact that their team is losing.

Just seen an Alaves player kick the ball away from Iniesta, after it went out for a throw in, despite the fact that they are 1 down. Thick cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

A mild one. Fantasy League posts in non-Fantasy League threads. It's a funny one though because I understand it, it's canny hard not to mention it and you have to keep reminding yourself that you're the only one that cares.