Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

That's another thing that annoys me tbh penalties are too easy. Smashing the ball from 12 yards with no defenders it just encourages people to dive as soon as they get over the line.  I'd love to see the spot moved back a couple of yards to give the keeper more of a chance, or ideally only give penalties for fouls that denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, otherwise just have a free kick inside the box.  Seems silly to me that if you get tripped on the corner of the box with five men between you and the goal you still get a free shot from 12 yards.

Actually I’m fairly certain that a penalty is only for denying a goal scoring opportunity. There have been cases where a foul has been given in the box and as the attacking player was moving away from goal, only an indirect free kick was given. The most common cause of free kicks being given in the box is the backpass rule. It just happens to be that most fouls in the box can be deemed as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

How long have you been watching football again?

That's another thing that annoys me tbh penalties are too easy. Smashing the ball from 12 yards with no defenders it just encourages people to dive as soon as they get over the line.  I'd love to see the spot moved back a couple of yards to give the keeper more of a chance, or ideally only give penalties for fouls that denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, otherwise just have a free kick inside the box.  Seems silly to me that if you get tripped on the corner of the box with five men between you and the goal you still get a free shot from 12 yards.

Actually I’m fairly certain that a penalty is only for denying a goal scoring opportunity. There have been cases where a foul has been given in the box and as the attacking player was moving away from goal, only an indirect free kick was given. The most common cause of free kicks being given in the box is the backpass rule. It just happens to be that most fouls in the box can be deemed as denying a goal scoring opportunity.

:lol: :lol: Jesus, Stifler man.

Stifler is Ken M

:lol:

When was the last time an indirect free kick in the box was actually given in the PL?

There was definitely one given in one of the FA Cup games on Sunday, I saw it on the live highlights show that was on BBC.

:lol: :lol: Jesus, Stifler man.

That is incredible.

Stifler is Ken M

When was the last time an indirect free kick in the box was actually given in the PL?

There was definitely one given in one of the FA Cup games on Sunday, I saw it on the live highlights show that was on BBC.

Which way was the player moving?

Stifler is Ken M

Which way was the player moving?

Sideways.  No foul.  Play on.

Used to love when Nobby used to that fake, dummy pass to Shearer when we had an indirect freekick or one on the edge of the box

Used to love when Nobby scored and he used to point at and go straight up to the person who made the assist. Should probably just bump his thread

Used to love when Nobby used to that fake, dummy pass to Shearer when we had an indirect freekick or one on the edge of the box

Used to love when Nobby scored and he used to go straight up to point at and go straight up to the person who made the assist. Should probably just bump his thread

Nobby. :aww:

Pretty sure the ref can give a pen for offside, if it's a bad enough offside. Extremely rare but seen it a few times.

Nope.  Offside can only be called against the attacking team, so it would be a (Indirect) Free Kick coming out for the defense.  Cannot be a Penalty.

All penal fouls that would be awarded a Direct Free Kick, if they occur within the Penalty Area, would be a Penalty kick.

However, a technical foul that's not a penal foul, such as obstruction or playing the ball in a dangerous manner (high feet without contact on opponent preventing a fair challenfe) that would be awarded an Indirect Free Kick, would still be an indirect Free kick from the spot of the foul even within the penalty area (as long as its not within the goal area)

Pretty sure the ref can give a pen for offside, if it's a bad enough offside. Extremely rare but seen it a few times.

Nope.  Offside can only be called against the attacking team, so it would be a (Indirect) Free Kick coming out for the defense.  Cannot be a Penalty.

All penal fouls that would be awarded a Direct Free Kick, if they occur within the Penalty Area, would be a Penalty kick.

However, a technical foul that's not a penal foul, such as obstruction or playing the ball in a dangerous manner (high feet without contact on opponent preventing a fair challenfe) that would be awarded an Indirect Free Kick, would still be an indirect Free kick from the spot of the foul even within the penalty area (as long as its not within the goal area)

:lol::lol:

Guest firetotheworks

UnfortunateAnchoredHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

Used to love when Nobby scored and he used to point at and go straight up to the person who made the assist. Should probably just bump his thread

Same here :smitten:

Whoosh!