Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

judging by some comments on facebook and twitter, some Newcastle fans seem more excited by Man Utd vs. Real Madrid tonight than they probably are for our game on Thursday.

Grim, imo and thus a new pet hate.

Totally agree on that, know a lad who has agreed to do overtime 'for a free pizza' rather than watch us. He declined their offer on Tuesday though.

On a similar theme, few mackems were saying that we should all have got behind Man Utd as they were English. When asked about tonight they said 'fuck off' to supporting us :lol:

I never do this, I couldn't care less if Man Utd get knocked out of Europe. Or any other English club except Newcastle.

If anything i want them to lose, as most of the other clubs in England in Europe i've come to despise for various reasons.

judging by some comments on facebook and twitter, some Newcastle fans seem more excited by Man Utd vs. Real Madrid tonight than they probably are for our game on Thursday.

Totally agree on that, know a lad who has agreed to do overtime 'for a free pizza' rather than watch us. He declined their offer on Tuesday though.

On a similar theme, few mackems were saying that we should all have got behind Man Utd as they were English. When asked about tonight they said 'f*** off' to supporting us :lol:

I never do this, I couldn't care less if Man Utd get knocked out of Europe. Or any other English club except Newcastle.

If anything i want them to lose, as most of the other clubs in England in Europe i've come to despise for various reasons.

My housemate (a Manchester United fan and former Season ticket holder) spoke to me about this last night. I said I wanted English teams to get knocked out because: their success means they just have more money and better players than the rest of the teams in their domestic league, the media constantly rams these teams down our throats and also coverage is so biased of English Teams in Europe that it is sickening to watch them.

On a similar theme, few mackems were saying that we should all have got behind Man Utd as they were English. When asked about tonight they said 'fuck off' to supporting us :lol:

That's exactly how I feel.

On a similar theme, few mackems were saying that we should all have got behind Man Utd as they were English.

Nope. Heard the same sentiment during the CL final last season.

It does make me laugh when the likes of Adrian Chiles say things like: "and I'm sure everyone at home is disappointed as well", or something along those lines. Just how out of touch can you be? Obviously, there are personal rivalries around the country (and the world) - but is there a more nationally disliked team than Man Utd? It's the team everyone loves to hate, whether it's simply out of bitterness/jealousy or something more specific.

I'd honestly be stunned if more than half of the neutral audience were disappointed to see them go out, particularly in the manner that they did.

Pretty sure that when I was a kid I wanted English clubs to do well. Apart from Arsenal, of course. Nowadays I'm like most, in that I want the clubs I'm in competition with to fail so they don't get cash/kudos etc. Quite happy for someone like Fulham to do OK, because I don't see them as competition.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I once brought a laser pen to a match against Bristol City in the Championship season and I shone it in the eye of a Bristol player, causing him to tumble to the ground. This was very well received by those surrounding me and when I left the game 5 minutes early I received a standing ovation from the entire East stand.

Guest TC_16

I'm not ashamed to admit that I once brought a laser pen to a match against Bristol City in the Championship season and I shone it in the eye of a Bristol player, causing him to tumble to the ground. This was very well received by those surrounding me and when I left the game 5 minutes early I received a standing ovation from the entire East stand.

What the absolute fuck?

What the absolute f***?

That's just Oakie :lol:

What the absolute f***?

That's just Oakie :lol:

I have absolutely no idea whether he is serious or not :lol:

I'm all for Spurs getting more games in Europa, I'll not deny it's still a semi-prestigious trophy - on a par with the FA Cup. But Top 4 and CL football is where it's at I'm afraid

OK. Now I understand that the League Cup has been devalued in some eyes, as has the UEFA Europa League, and to an extent, the FA Cup. I understand that getting Top 4 makes you shit-loads more money than winning any of the three, and not coincidentally makes you more attractive to players. But fuck off. Fuck. Off. Winning a trophy is fucking ace, your best day as a supporter, and if you don't want to win the thing then scratch and give someone else a bye so they can have a go.

I'm all for Spurs getting more games in Europa, I'll not deny it's still a semi-prestigious trophy - on a par with the FA Cup. But Top 4 and CL football is where it's at I'm afraid

OK. Now I understand that the League Cup has been devalued in some eyes, as has the UEFA Europa League, and to an extent, the FA Cup. I understand that getting Top 4 makes you s***-loads more money than winning any of the three, and not coincidentally makes you more attractive to players. But f*** off. f***. Off. Winning a trophy is f***ing ace, your best day as a supporter, and if you don't want to win the thing then scratch and give someone else a bye so they can have a go.

Drives me fucking crazy to watch teams like Swansea, fucking Portsmouth, loads of other shitty teams win the cups while Newcastle "focuses on the premier league" and finishes 13th. Wish we would take a tournament seriously for once.