Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

It's that time again, but f***ing international weekends. Just have a qualification tournament in the summers in the years when there's no Euros or World Cup and spare us these s*** weekends of no real football.

That's a really good idea, likevit. Would be more exciting for qualification too

That's made me angry that :lol: Those random moments of "why the fuck would they say that?" knock me for six like, I'm usually too shocked to reply in a way that I should.

Went camping down the lakes a few years ago with a few mates and asked some ridiculously well spoken lady if there was any room on the campsite, her reply, in the most sincere tone possible, was "no, yous would only ruin it for everyone else." Said "OK" and slinked away with my head down.

The England team

The FA

Mike fucking Ashley, and most things associated with him (sparing NUFC, naturally)

Fucking corporate sponsors - Stick your "Barclays man of the match" "Barclays premier league" up your arse

Wonga

Agents

Most players

Owners who throw money into building teams unfairly - I'm looking at you Chelsea, Monaco, Man City, etc

..There isn't much left to enjoy it would seem these days, yet still I always keep following  :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

The delusion of those that are deluded about our stature as a club, has gone completely the other way, imo. I don't think it's anything more than them being fed the lies that the club has come out with. From Shepherd talking us up as more than we were, to Ashley beating us down to the point where some think we're a club that can't even compete with the likes of Southampton, West Brom and Cardiff.

Pundits saying "top top". I'm sure Merson said "top top top top" on Saturday. Stop stop stop stop, you mugs.

Wenger does that all the time :lol:

How have I never noticed this? Is this a thing?

Peter Beardsley did it twice on Goals on Sunday today. Double "top top". :facepalm: It's getting too close to home.

What a player he was though, the highlights reel was tremendous.

Players "praying" on the pitch before a game.

Seen Ozil at it, drives me nuts.

Papiss and Gael do it as well like, but it's just so :anguish:

Ten of thousand of dying kids this day you say, no, no Gawd, help me to kick with ball around on the grass first, thanks man, I owe you one.

Seriously?

Ten of thousand of dying kids this day you say, no, no Gawd, help me to kick with ball around on the grass first, thanks man, I owe you one.

Seriously?

Are you serious lol? they are religious don't see what the big deal is.

Sorry Belfast Mag but that is a very "Footballerzz get paid more den soldierzz!!" type of post :lol:

There will always be something horrific going on in the world but its fair enough if now and then we stop focusing on these and think about something we are about to do.

Players not being referred to by their usual names because it's not official or whatever. UEFA are slaves to this. A good example is any time "Emboaba" crops up referring to Oscar. On FourFourTwo's StatsZone website, Michu is named "Perez Cuesta".

It's more annoying that Michu and Oscar doesn't just have "Cuesta" and "Emboaba" on thier back. Worst offender in my opinion is Chicharito, but that's probably down to my somewhat irrational hate for the guy. The whole first name/nick name scheme should be outlawed.

Players not being referred to by their usual names because it's not official or whatever. UEFA are slaves to this. A good example is any time "Emboaba" crops up referring to Oscar. On FourFourTwo's StatsZone website, Michu is named "Perez Cuesta".

It's more annoying that Michu and Oscar doesn't just have "Cuesta" and "Emboaba" on thier back. Worst offender in my opinion is Chicharito, but that's probably down to my somewhat irrational hate for the guy. The whole first name/nick name scheme should be outlawed.

Wilfried.

Sorry Belfast Mag but that is a very "Footballerzz get paid more den soldierzz!!" type of post :lol:

There will always be something horrific going on in the world but its fair enough if now and then we stop focusing on these and think about something we are about to do.

I think the whole idea of God is that he doesn't have to direct his attention to any one place specifically, he's omnipotent. He can quite easily help Chicarito win the Manchester Derby and give African babies AIDS at the same time, not a bother.

I think the whole idea of God is that he doesn't have to direct his attention to any one place specifically, he's omnipotent. He can quite easily help Chicarito win the Manchester Derby and give African babies AIDS at the same time, not a bother.

:lol: :thup:

Seriously?

They are religious thus making them Narcissists, thinking that "God" is somehow going to "help" them to achieve their goals, above and beyond anything else happening at that moment.

"Sorry old bean, but could you see your way clear to helping me bang a few goals today as I'm on a bit of a drought right now, cheers, man"

:rolleyes:

It's ridiculous and a real pet hate of mine. Honestly, think about for even a second? It's mental.

Seriously?

They are religious thus making them Narcissists, thinking that "God" is somehow going to "help" them to achieve their goals, above and beyond anything else happening at that moment.

"Sorry old bean, but could you see your way clear to helping me bang a few goals today as I'm on a bit of a drought right now, cheers, man"

It's ridiculous and a real pet hate of mine. Honestly, think about for even a second? It's mental.

How do you know they are praying asking to score goals? From what I've read in the past, religious players do it more so to calm themselves before a game and to thank God for the opportunity they have.

Wilfried.

Nah, I don't give a shit what they have on their shirts. Jazz it up imo.

Wilfried.

:notbad:

Seriously?

How do you know they are praying asking to score goals? From what I've read in the past, religious players do it more so to calm themselves before a game and to thank God for the opportunity they have.

I don't but I'm pretty sure they aren't praying to be shit at what they do  :lol:

They're praying, so a magic man that lives in the sky, can help them to perform well at their job.

What a first world problem that is  :lol:

Would much rather have some religious mentalist like Bigi who appreciates what he has and will work hard to 'pay back the gift he has been given' than a twat like Ranger or Pattison who will just piss away their chance.