Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

"I've got respect for the football club and I've got respect for his players. The club is a huge club and we've had a lot of emails from Benfica fans apologising for their manager's behaviour. At the end of the day, I will shake his hand, because they are a giant of a club."

:anguish:

"I've got respect for the football club and I've got respect for his players. The club is a huge club and we've had a lot of emails from Benfica fans apologising for their manager's behaviour. At the end of the day, I will shake his hand, because they are a giant of a club."

:anguish:

Him and Pardew are peas in a pod. Imagine making up fictional stories about fans e-mailing you :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Alan Pardew

FYP

No need, you can assume that as a given, i've been saying it for two years :lol:

Minutes silences which just become applause when it's meant to be a poignant moment. When it's celebrating a career, slightly different, but applauding the Hillsborough minutes silence doesn't sit right with me. It's like people can't just stand and ponder, and find it easier to clap. Maybe I'm just being picky.

Minutes silences which just become applause when it's meant to be a poignant moment. When it's celebrating a career, slightly different, but applauding the Hillsborough minutes silence doesn't sit right with me. It's like people can't just stand and ponder, and find it easier to clap. Maybe I'm just being picky.

I've been saying this ever since the applause came in.

I can (kind of) understand applause for someone who died in their sleep at the age of 90 after a glittering career, but I think it's just our attention spans are now so short we can't even handle 60 seconds of quiet reflection.

I've been saying this ever since the applause came in.

I can (kind of) understand applause for someone who died in their sleep at the age of 90 after a glittering career, but I think it's just our attention spans are now so short we can't even handle 60 seconds of quiet reflection.

Applause are meant to be congratulatory aren't they?

As you say - all well and good for a career celebration or a footballer who was a legend who has tragically died a la Speed (after all we applauded him as he played).

Applauding folk for getting crushed against a fence isn't right - a contemplative silence is

I would have said silence was much more appropriate for Speedo as well TBH. The guy killed himself in his early 40s.

Also related to how live TV audiences clap along with music on Strictly Come Dancing etc I think, nobody can bear to just be an observer, they all want to be part of the show.

Club Wembley wankers.

I mentioned it in the thread and I'm sure it can be recollected in here too - but the whole 'semi-final at Wembley' thing is plain wrong anyway.

I don't think Wembley looks that special anyway. Being the picky football fan that I am, there's loads I don't like; the pitch doesn't look absolutely pristine, the nets are too deep. Even the camera's too low (armchair fan :pow:).

The arch looks fantastic but indoors, meh.