Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Does the 'Rooney Rule' debate exist in another thread?

Lead headline on BBC Football is another non news story driven by Jason fucking Roberts. Tosser

19 out of 500 coaches being black doesn't sound great to me TBH. Not that I can actually be bothered with the debate!

From a quick google, could be wrong, 3% of the UK classifies as black or black British. Of 500 that's 15.

Guest firetotheworks

"I don't care what position you're playing in, you should be able to x, y, and z"

Always the same shit from the same thickets.

Lead headline on BBC Football is another non news story driven by Jason fucking Roberts. Tosser

19 out of 500 coaches being black doesn't sound great to me TBH. Not that I can actually be bothered with the debate!

From a quick google, could be wrong, 3% of the UK classifies as black or black British. Of 500 that's 15.

Why do job types have to represent the makeup of society though? (I know this isn't your point). Only 1 in 16 FTSE 100 board members are "BME". Surely that should be highlighted more than football, after all the vast majority of the UK work in a line of business other than football.

Football management is all about who you know, who your agent is etc. it's naive to think the job vacancy goes through the same process as one you'd see on Jobsite and that a Chairman has a pile of CVs. That's why the same shit managers do the rounds like Warnock. So Jason Robert's argument that they don't get an interview is bollocks.

If Pardew got sacked tomorrow and took a new job next week do they really think he'd run an Assessment Day for his next coach to ensure he's covered the marker and ensured diversity? Will he fuck, he'll call Steve Stone who will be there in a flash!

Why do job types have to represent the makeup of society though? (I know this isn't your point). Only 1 in 16 FTSE 100 board members are "BME". Surely that should be highlighted more than football, after all the vast majority of the UK work in a line of business other than football.

Football management is all about who you know, who your agent is etc. it's naive to think the job vacancy goes through the same process as one you'd see on Jobsite and that a Chairman has a pile of CVs. That's why the same shit managers do the rounds like Warnock. So Jason Robert's argument that they don't get an interview is bollocks.

If Pardew got sacked tomorrow and took a new job next week do they really think he'd run an Assessment Day for his next coach to ensure he's covered the marker and ensured diversity? Will he fuck, he'll call Steve Stone who will be there in a flash!

It's absolutely about who you know  :thup: , I'm just pointing out that there's no reason to look at 19 out of 500 as being unacceptable as statistically it's about what you'd expect.

A better comparison would be to the number of black players in professional football, not to the percentage of black Englishmen in the population at large.

Regardless, it's certainly not on the same level as the NFL, where the overwhelming majority of players are black and the majority of coaches white.

Guest Roger Kint

Just decided Russell Brand is a bigger c*** than before. Now that I realise he is a Hammer.

Brand was a slimy cunt even before he jumped on the 'football supporter' bandwagon ,supreme and utter twat imo.

A man who proudly boasted in the Independent that he was sitting thinking of witty words to rhyme with 'tumour' the day Roeder was our manager there and getting dogs abuse for not dying.....

Guest Roger Kint
:lol: Fucking agenda, the biggest mistake was getting the paper wrong. God bless his 'gleeful hysteria' while singing 'you should have died of that tumour' eh?

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Fucking agenda, the biggest mistake was getting the paper wrong. God bless his 'gleeful hysteria' while singing 'you should have died of that tumour' eh?

:lol: can you read? it doesn't say that anywhere in the article.

Fortunately the moment passed before I could commit an atrocity of that nature.

oeder escaped recrimination due to the nature of his departure; he, of course, had a brain tumour and was desperately ill. Before it was diagnosed Roeder was despised for his ineffective stewardship at the helm of the Hammers. Approaching the end of his reign when losing at home to Leeds, I recall a grim knell from the terrace - "Roeder, you've killed West Ham".

He was extended sympathy due to his deteriorating health and it seemed inappropriate to say, "How could you sell Paolo Di Canio? What were you thinking man?", when he was teetering on the precipice of death. Bill Shankly's maxim - "football is not a matter of life and death; it's far more important than that" - seems quite trite in the face of actual mortality.

You're literally making things up man. :lol: ridiculous

I never said that was in the article, strangely enough being there and hearing their fans singing the fucking song was enough for me to know. Unless you can prove he was one of the very few fans that day not singing as he was too busy considering what else to hurl at him as per the article

He admits joining in in that passage, what he didn't get the opportunity to do was find something witty to rhyme with tumour.

:lol: No it doesn't.

naturally I was caught up in the gleeful hysteria of the mob.
total generality makes absolutely no reference to joining in singing.  It literally at no point says he joined in, in fact the last sentence "Fortunately the moment passed before I could commit an atrocity of that nature"  says he didn't. You'll read which ever way fits your agenda though, as it your perogative.

If we are convicting people of things for merely being in the vicinity of abuse, well we are all fucked aren't we?

He's referring to making a rhyme with tumour man, comprehension much. In the context of singing fans and bearing in mind he's a celebrity writing in a national newspaper what do you think getting caught up in the gleeful hysteria of the mob means? Standing there and nodding along? Hardly hysterical.

If you're struggling with this passage god only knows what you infer from his latest masterpiece.

Commentators over pronouncing names. Didier Drogbaaaaar being the worst.We cant possibly get all the names correct but dont just fucking take a guess.

Players argueing with the ref over blatent fouls. Whinging for the sake of it.

Arrogant ex footballers who where average at best anyway, Carragher and Savage.