Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

When players taking corners insist on having almost all of the ball over the line to give them some obscure advantage, then proceed to either fail to clear the first defender or lamp it right over everyone waiting for it, and it runs out for a throw in :fool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The big, glamour pre season fixtures which seem to be happening more and more often now, especially the derby games.

Man Utd vs Man City in pre season is pure :anguish: in my opinion, completely takes away from the spectacle of what a derby game should be.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Massive overreactions after the first match of a season in which 5 players were new to the squad.

Could say the same about the reactions to those reactions tbf. Aside from the odd idiot WUM, most are just calling a spade a spade imo.

Newcastle United's ability to completely fuck any good positive feeling.

:lol:

Yesterday was pretty phenomenal even by NUFC's standards.

Pre game was great, you could feel it in the air that everyone was happy to be out and full of hope. Then the work you guys did with the flags took things to another level.

Then the utter snoozefest of a first half.

Newcastle United's ability to completely f*** any good positive feeling.

[emoji38]

Yesterday was pretty phenomenal even by NUFC's standards.

Pre game was great, you could feel it in the air that everyone was happy to be out and full of hope. Then the work you guys did with the flags took things to another level.

Then the utter snoozefest of a first half.

The first half an hour was like watching a team of dementors. They totally sucked the soul out of the ground.

When you are playing footy and someone on your team misses a sitter/makes the wrong pass/tries a skill and fails/somehow cocks up; but you think "be the bigger man" and say "unlucky" or just don't say anything. The moment you then make a mistake or don't pass to him in space and he audibly moans/hurls abuse at you. Boils my piss. Playing this evening, some absolute schmuck misses an open goal from 5 yards. I pat him on the back and say "unlucky mate, you'll get the next one". Not 5 minutes later I shoot (on target, saved) instead of passing to him (he's marked), and he yells "for fuck's sake, you cunt!" Like I know I'm a cunt, but the principle.

• 2 weeks later...

Bound to be Giggs, but everyone thinking their a itk journalist by making a twitter/ Facebook account and copying other people's tweets but putting 'Understand' in front. "Understand Atsu is undergoing a medical and will be announced in the next few hours" or whatever.