Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The loan system, absolutely mental and only getting worse.

Shouldn't exist. Said it many a time. Only way to spread the quality across all the teams in the league and make it more competitive.

Most lower league clubs rely on loan players, it'd ruin lower league football and just give even more power to the top.

It'd also harm the development on young players, who are not good enough yet to play for the first team but are good enough to step down a league for a season for experience.

There should be a cap on the number of players you can loan out, but that is it.

Most lower league clubs rely on loan players, it'd ruin lower league football and just give even more power to the top.

It'd also harm the development on young players, who are not good enough yet to play for the first team but are good enough to step down a league for a season for experience.

There should be a cap on the number of players you can loan out, but that is it.

OK, but you could stop people loaning to teams in the same division, limit it to under 23, limit the length of the loan, all sorts. Right now it's just a means of propping up an unsustainable model where rich clubs stockpile players that nobody else can even afford to sign.

I don't know how you can argue that removing the loan system would give more power to the top - the loan system quite obviously does exactly that. Chelsea aren't loaning out 38 players out of some sense of altruism.

If you remove the loan system, or severely restrict it, then those players that are stockpiled at places like Chelsea would be forced to find other ways and places to build a career. It's simply a way for bigger clubs to soak up all the best talent - talent that otherwise would be spread across more clubs.

There is certainly an argument to be made that it might harm the development of some young players by reducing their access to top level coaching. However, with a more restrictive or non-existent loan system, if you're not good enough yet to play for Chelsea but are good enough to play in League One...then just sign for a team in League One. I'd prefer to see that, than to see Chelsea hoover up everyone to generate more money for themselves.

That reminds me, he said this yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/5u2ZFOs.jpg

Such a weird analysis.

He's a right plonker, like.

Posted part of that quote in the other clubs transfers thread, such a typical pundit/ex player thing to say. England would be so much better off if a few players went abroad, IMO it's not good for the national team to have players from just one league, you need players with different philosophies and experiences.

He probably wouldn't even get in Roma's team, Bournemouth is a good move for him, i'm a bit confused as to why it's such big news though, SSN even broadcast "Wilshere's first training session" live. All this is is Wilshere finding out where his true level is, it usually happens to the academy products of the top teams.

:lol: Bournemouth isn't Wilshere's true level, the lad is a terrific player but his career has been ruined by injuries.

Well no, I think if he has a decent season and stays fit he'll end up somewhere like Everton next summer and that will suit his talent level. He has a lot to prove though.

:lol: Bournemouth isn't Wilshere's true level, the lad is a terrific player but his career has been ruined by injuries.

Well no, I think if he has a decent season and stays fit he'll end up somewhere like Everton next summer and that will suit his talent level. He has a lot to prove though.

On ability, he is clearly good enough for Arsenal man. He's had to take a massive step down because no one else is willing to gamble on his fitness. If he somehow stays fit this season he'll be back at Arsenal.

I've never really seen the hype tbh, he's a tidy midfielder that can pass, and because he's English that makes him incredible. I'm pretty sure he's finished at Arsenal, they're hoping he can get some games so they can get a good fee for him.

I don't know how you can argue that removing the loan system would give more power to the top - the loan system quite obviously does exactly that. Chelsea aren't loaning out 38 players out of some sense of altruism.

If you remove the loan system, or severely restrict it, then those players that are stockpiled at places like Chelsea would be forced to find other ways and places to build a career. It's simply a way for bigger clubs to soak up all the best talent - talent that otherwise would be spread across more clubs.

There is certainly an argument to be made that it might harm the development of some young players by reducing their access to top level coaching. However, with a more restrictive or non-existent loan system, if you're not good enough yet to play for Chelsea but are good enough to play in League One...then just sign for a team in League One. I'd prefer to see that, than to see Chelsea hoover up everyone to generate more money for themselves.

Without the loan system we would never see the likes of Bournemouth & Swansea climbing up the leagues from virtually rock bottom. A lot of lower league clubs with very small budgets would very quickly drop down through the league pyramid (Dagenham & Barnet, for example). It'd be very, very difficult for any club below League One to operate without the loan system. They simple do not create enough revenue to pay for a full squad of permanent players.

The top clubs would continue to buy the youngsters and only play them in their development squads/rotation for cup games. It'd ruin the careers of the youngsters that choose to go to these clubs as they would rot without playing virtually any matches until their contract expires. The top clubs would continue to do this and take the risk with the young players in case they turn out to be a superstar. They'd happily take the hit of the 1,000 youngsters that fail to potentially find the 1 Gareth Bale.

A young player would gain so much from a loan to a UK club and one abroad, as they'll pick up so much from them. Chelsea know this and use players as pawns with a sell-on value. They'll pick them up for a nominal fee and small wages, loan them out with the new club paying for their services and then sell them on once they've gained the experience from it all.

The loan system can work well, providing it is capped or restricted in some way. Chelsea is absolutely ridiculous. I think we're both trying to say the same thing, in different ways.

I've never really seen the hype tbh, he's a tidy midfielder that can pass, and because he's English that makes him incredible. I'm pretty sure he's finished at Arsenal, they're hoping he can get some games so they can get a good fee for him.

Nah, Wilshere is top level. Obviously it's a moot point now, but apart from injury he would have gone on to be one of the best midfielders in Europe IMO. He's as good as Modric, for example.

Boots the same colour as socks.

Any boots that aren't black.

This. Got myself some nice Pantafolo D'oro's or whatever they are called thinking they were an unknown brand but simply because he boots were virtually all black. Couldn't find any cheap Black boots in shops so had to get them online. Even then they were 40 squids

Nah, Wilshere is top level. Obviously it's a moot point now, but apart from injury he would have gone on to be one of the best midfielders in Europe IMO. He's as good as Modric, for example.

Wilshire as good as Modric......  :ructions: