Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The 'in this day and age' argument only applies in this instance if either:

1. UK winter temperatures are now much colder than they were in the past.

2. Gloves and scarves are a revolutionary new idea.

Considering:

1. They're not.

2. They're not.

I'm not entirely sure how it applies. :lol:

It appears players are simply less inclined to brave the cold than they have been in the past. You could pretty reasonably say players originally from warm/hot climates are not used to it, but then they've been playing over here for years now.

It applies because the times have changed, the game has changed, plenty of advances have been made to make footballers more comfortable on the pitch, I don't understand why it bothers people so much if their hands are cold. I don't even notice players wearing gloves or snoods or whatever.

I would wear gloves if I played football, because I dislike my hands being cold, I've lived in Newcastle my whole life, but I still don't like to be cold.

Guest Chubby Jason

You can add "Soccer AM" to my list, fucking dog shit afwul show, just people shouting a lot and trained seals clapping away. Does my fucking nut in.

I hate speaking to football fans who don't frequent forums, lacking knowledge and providing blinkered opinions usually guided by their local rag; ie ronnie gill readers who recite whatever its printing that week as gospel while knowing nothing past their own back yard.

Find a lot of Newcastle fans in pubs like that and quite a lot of Sunderland fans, which in honesty improves a lot on those you find on RTG, but in general my point stands. :laugh:

I hate speaking to football fans who don't frequent forums, lacking knowledge and providing blinkered opinions usually guided by their local rag; ie ronnie gill readers who recite whatever its printing that week as gospel while knowing nothing past their own back yard.

Find a lot of Newcastle fans in pubs like that and quite a lot of Sunderland fans, which in honesty improves a lot on those you find on RTG, but in general my point stands. :laugh:

Football fans who aren't a bunch of internet geeks do tend to have shocking knowledge of football, sometimes it's uncomfortable having a conversation about their own team because they aren't aware of certain things :lol:

Guest NewBoyPeetah

The following sayings,

"he's good with his feet for a big man" - he's a freaking footballer for f**is sake! The clues in the title!

"he's a good shot stopper" - he's a freaking goalkeeper for f**is sake. The clues (near enough) in the title!

Guest Stephen927

That little flick of the wrist referees sometimes do when booking a player. Like that camp referee on Youtube but less exaggerated.

I would wear gloves if I played football, because I dislike my hands being cold, I've lived in Newcastle my whole life, but I still don't like to be cold.

In the past I have worn loves at the beginning of a match. After about 10 minutes, my hands get far too warm and I feel the need to get some fresh air to them so take them off. Never quite understood how pro's wear them for 90 minutes bearing in mind they expend much more energy than I ever did playing 5-a-side.

This isn't because it was Gareth Barry, honest, but:

When a one-on-one is finished through a goalie's legs or under the keeper, and is then described as a great finish. No it wasn't. It was absolutely rubbish and can count yourself very fortunate such a shite finish somehow found its way into the net.

Depends really, as a striker I quite often look for the megs, keepers spread themselves and it's often too tempting of a gap to ignore. However if it's flukey then yes, I agree.

Well, yes, certain strikers are good enough to consciously get it through the keeper but a lot of the time it's just a poor finish that was quite fortunate to find its way through.

This isn't because it was Gareth Barry, honest, but:

When a one-on-one is finished through a goalie's legs or under the keeper, and is then described as a great finish. No it wasn't. It was absolutely rubbish and can count yourself very fortunate such a shite finish somehow found its way into the net.

Looked like a good finish, made good clean contact and kept it low. I agree with Ashley17, I used to always score them sort of goals playing 11 aside.