St James' Park

Delima

They couldn't call it the Gallowgate End?

:sadnod:

This annoys me far too much like. :lol: They're so close, actually calling it the Gallowgate.. but behind the goal is clearly an End.

Guest fraser

They couldn't call it the Gallowgate End?

:sadnod:

This annoys me far too much like. :lol: They're so close, actually calling it the Gallowgate.. but behind the goal is clearly an End.

In my youth it was 'The Leazes End', 'The Gallowgate', 'The West Stand' and 'The Leazes Terrace'. Don't know if anyone else remembers it that way.

Reasonably convinced they're doing it on purpose now.

Still, it's better than SD.

Absolutely convinced of it now. Started as paranoia, but nobody is this fucking stupid.

Always like their 'little victories' over the fans.

Guest WashyGeordie

The sign on the Milburn stand looks alot worse (where the SBR statue is). Looks way out of place that one, the Gallowgate one looks alright.

Guest Slippery Sam

Could be an instruction.

Exactly right. This will be a Cooncil or HSE or polis instruction. Forced to do it, NUFC will spend as little as poss on it - hence the placcy signage.

In my youth it was 'The Leazes End', 'The Gallowgate', 'The West Stand' and 'The Leazes Terrace'. Don't know if anyone else remembers it that way.

Wasn't the Leazes Terrace the Popular, it was when I was a kid.

Would it be possible for the Gallowgate to be a single tier stand all they way up to the level of level 7? Looking at Brussia's stadium even though it is high it doesn't look as high as our level 7. So in theory is it possible?

Guest Slippery Sam

What a clip.

Agreed. I think NUFC should have contacted the BBC and suggested the contestants in The Great British Sewing Bee Off make the letters of the signs up using different materials and colours. Swish.

Reasonably convinced they're doing it on purpose now.

Still, it's better than SD.

Yeah better that it reverted to the traditional and popular name and tbh i have never called either end the JH or Ex names anyway